Thursday, January 21, 2010

What is NOT (a rant)

Before I unleash a river of bile, congratulations to Two Hot Mamas and Project Kjetil on their fabulous new babies and to Puffer & Chicken, I send my best thoughts for a speedy, safe and healthy birth. xoxoxo

What is NOT with me:

Symptoms.
Apartment sale.
Politics.

By which I mean, I am 99% certain that this time won't be the one, my apartment sale fell through, and am I THROUGH with the goddamn democrats and their piss poor politicking and unerring ability to snatch stunning defeat from the jaws of assured victory. I am truly starting to believe that the democratic party exist solely as a foil to the corporate-controlled republicans to serve the appearance of a democracy. In fact, we live in a corporatocracy....speaking of: SCOTUS. Fuck you, thanks for mortgaging democracy to the corporations a little more. Yeah, we needed that, because I DON'T FUCKING PAY ENOUGH TO THEM ALREADY, they need to own everything, including the government EVEN MORE. Republicans are calling it a "victory for free speech", as in oil companies and insurance companies* having the unfettered right to spend gobs of corporate money on whatever lies they want to propogate in the interest of making more money for themselves...I ask you, SINCE WHEN DO CORPORATIONS HAVE THE RIGHTS OF INDIVIDUALS?!

I'm THROUGH WITH YOU. I'm buying some goats and chickens and getting off the grid. I like the idea of being an anarchist terrorist lesbian with a purple bathroom.

*Fuck you, Aetna

15 comments:

  1. Oh the Aetna Fuck You. I know it well lmao.

    Sorry things seem to be not going well in bunches.Dammit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I come with you? We'll bring the hens....

    ReplyDelete
  3. The purple bathroom is a nice touch.

    Sorry you're not feeling it this cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanna come! I try not to think about the stuff in your post because it just upsets me, but yeah I hate this country and the world it has created.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Much agreed, on all points! What was the court thinking?!?! Seriously? And a republican senator to replace Edward Kennedy in MASS? How did that possibly happen? Its very disheartening.
    I'm right there with you today. Maybe the progesterone I started today doesn't help but I'm in a fine pissed off mood. We'll be happy to join you off the grid. Maybe we should start a lesbian ttc/gestating cult and live in the woods. (someplace warm though please.) :)
    BTW, too early in the TWW to let that pessimism creep in! Chin up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. grrr, its sooo upsetting -- really throwing salt in the Scott-Brown wound. As a MA-resident, I really am ashamed :( How could it have happened..and come ON scotus...ugg

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many blows indeed. I am beginning to think the "Republicans for Voldemort" bumper stickers were not a joke. Because really, what else explains such triumphs of evil?

    But these are only battles. The war is not over.

    Nor is this cycle - at all. It's still early. What else needs painting?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fuck Aetna. Fuck 'em. They fucking suck. And I'm sorry you have to deal with their fucking stupid asses.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ditto - can I come with?

    Still hoping this is your cycle. May the rage be a precursor to pregnancy. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ugh, I totally share your frustrations w/ SCOTUS. I’m at work so I can’t get into as much as I’d like, but trust me, I’m with you. And I’m with Strawberry: I hope the rage is not PMS, but a sign that you’re on your way to bfpland.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm actually so glad you posted that comment - I didn't realize it wasn't on their blog yet. (It was all over their Facebook profile, and I accidentally assumed it was on their blog and didn't take time to check. oops) I just edited my post, so they have time to update their blog. thanks for catching that, seriously!

    And ps - I TOTALLY agree on the Democrat thing. And Aetna! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. amen sister! i will join you on that farm. i have thought about it more than once. my latest dealing with insurance (car wreck) has left an even worse taste in my mouth about money hungry corporations.

    ReplyDelete
  13. yep. embarassed massachussian here taking responsibility.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ugh, so disgusted about the Supreme Court. Why isn't this being discussed more? Free speech in this country isn't free at all-- it costs millions of dollars to share your views. Which is why nobodies like us aren't heard. What a bunch of crap.

    Anarchist terrorist lesbian. That's got to be a punchline...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello! I 'm BAAAAACK!!!! thanks for commenting and being so nice on my blog. Glad you have not taken my absence personally. Still swamped at work but it's the weekend so here I am!
    It's so weird how Aetna, the ignorant fuck heads are so nice to me and so mean to you. I think it must be something to do with the states we live in or something.
    I guess being infertile "helps" too.
    I am so with you - let's get off the grid and into our own non conformist feminist egalitarian way of living.
    Corporate America is banned! Abolished!
    Bastards!
    take care and I hope there is some light shining in the nasty corporate darkness.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Troll Control. Your genuine thoughts are welcome. Please be patient if your comment doesn't appear immediately. I may be otherwise occupied.