So remember how I said I don't even OWN pee sticks? I really, really thought that was true but somehow this morning, in my sleep-bleared head I recalled that when I bought a pack of very expensive OPKs, there was a Clear Blue digital test in there. And, like an instant replay, I reccalled with perfect clarity how when Speedy's mom came, I had the intelligence to squirrel it away on a top shelf out of reach from even the most industrious busy bodying of her 4'10" mother.
And then I forgot about it.
Until this a.m., 14dpo, when I woke with my brain already pulling me with laser-guided precision to the precise spot on the top shelf in the toiletries closet where it was.
And, yes, I did.
And, no, I'm not.
So there. On to #3 as soon as AF shows up. Oh, and I forgot to tell you about Sven's weird speech habit of slurping his teeth with the start of every sentence. Who knows if that shit's genetic, you know? Bullet dodged, man. Bullet. Dodged.
Maybe its for the best (although a positive would have been nice I'm sure) but like you say "bullet dodged" with the slurping teeth thing :-)
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear about the negative. Fingers crossed for next go-round, with a non teeth-sucker.
ReplyDelete:(
ReplyDeleteDoesn't it suck to find out, even if you suspect it in your gut.
*fingers crossed for next month*
Sorry about the negative, but maybe you are right! Sometimes things have a way of working themselves out to be the best in the end. I hope your new donor works! Fingers crossed!
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear it Shroe, but it does sound like a bullet dodged. What are your plans to treat yourself before #3?
ReplyDeleteTeeth sucking is a no no. Still wish it was positive tho,he/she could wear a mouth thingy to stop that.
ReplyDeleteThis next one could be it.
Lib, good question! What with the insurance denial, Speedy and I are on a Severe Austerity Plan, so celebratory events must first and foremost be cheap or free... Maybe instead of getting up early for a blood test for the answer I already know, I'll sleep in :-) Maybe I'll even let the dogs up on the bed.
ReplyDeleteHeh. And maybe I'll play up the pity-me thing for free drinks this weekend.
Aw, shit.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry.
Sushi would be a nice consolation if it weren't so damned expensive...but there are some really economical and good red wines out there! (Yes, I am still struggling with that resolution.)
Next time, Shroe.
If you're pullin a Gayby and actually are preg i'm going to ring your neck.My nerves are shot.
ReplyDeleteWhere's that wine?
Sorry about the negative test. You had me cracking up with the teeth slurping thing. Hahaha!
ReplyDeleteTeeth slurping is bad news! You are much better off, for sure.
ReplyDeleteLol, Malea. Still no AF and I didn't get the blood test, but I really don't think I'm "pulling a Gayby" ;-)
ReplyDeleteI'll let ya'll know if my status changes and I have to muster up some Sven-love real quick!
Sorry to hear that the BFN has been confirmed, but so glad you avoided a tooth slurping baby! I haven't been able to bring myself to buy the donor audio interview. I fell in love with the baby pic, and I don't want anything to change my opinion of the donor.
ReplyDeleteUgh, bfns are never fun, but I think you're right that you may have dodged a bullet. Let's hear it for new spermcicles!
ReplyDelete