Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Down but not out

In other news, In addition the fact that HR Lady is 7 months pregnant and went through nearly a year of trying to get there, her sister is "one of us" (wink, wink) and so HR Lady has been SUPER SUPPORTIVE. She now has a case manager at the insurance co. looking into the case, and has said that sexual orientation cannot play a role in their decision (fingers crossed!!) By NY State law and by the written policy of my company, Aetna must find some other reason to deny me other than the fact that I was dumb enough (stupid, stupid, stupid!) to confess that I had a same sex partner.

Worst-case will be the Plan B we're currently learning to live with, but best case is that this all goes away and I can add INSURANCE ASS KICKING to my lengthy list of SKILLZ.

8 comments:

  1. How cool are you?! I love this story especially since it seems that you may actually win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you've got someone on your side! Sic 'em, K!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy-- fingers crossed! I hope we do, but at least I won't be going down without a fight. I WILL bring in the NYCLU if I don't get covered.

    Christen (can I call you that ;-)) I hope things are going well on your end! We are actually REALLY LUCKY bcs my RE precribed 5 MONTHS worth of Folli$tim, and I have in in my fridge right now, bwahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kicking ass and taking names. Your kid is going to think you're a bad-ass super hero mom. Yes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Catching up and thrilled to hear that the insurance thing might work out. You're crafty! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go! If we haveto go the IVF route, I am totally using your smart moves if we have insurance issues.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's reassuring that you have someone in your corner with the HR person. Don't beat yourself up for confessing to having a same sex partner- it's information they would have access to anyway. And besides, they'd want to do a SA on your "male partner" anyway. That could have spoiled your chances of using the frozen donor who is a good ethnic match for Speedy. Best of luck kicking Aetna's ass.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you go kick some insurance company's bad ass!
    Ironically Aetna is good to me, but I am technically and definitely "infertile".
    You, on the other hand, are not.
    Fight the fight and then write a kick ass article when you get preggers and have the baby about how you beat their prejudiced asses!
    Yes, there's a lot of ass words going around over at Tireegal's tonight!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Troll Control. Your genuine thoughts are welcome. Please be patient if your comment doesn't appear immediately. I may be otherwise occupied.