Tuesday, January 26, 2010

So Long, Sven!

Thank you everyone for your persistent optimism on my behalf! It is wonderful to have you cheering for me. Nonetheless, I think this cycle was not to be.

Had very light spotting last night, almost unnoticeable. But this is the same pattern as last time: light spotting 11 dpo... So, I'm betting CD1 will be tomorrow, putting my on track for an insem sometime around next weekend.

That was our last shot with Sven Kawasaki. I have just officially sent in my paperwork to CCB in preparation for ordering 2 vials of Jacques Park. I have the same issue as Ruby: confirmed "good-looking" donor with a not-so-very-cute baby photo. But that's okay. Sven was described as good looking but with a largish nose, and as someone who has an unsubtle snout herself, being the offspring of two parents with estimable beaks, I was not thrilled about the prospect of re-producing the prominent proboscis in my progeny. I mean, one schnozz in a parental dyad is enough, don't you think? Jacques seems to have a nice, normal nose.

I gave myself a free pass on 1 & 2-- I feel like it would have been a crazy rare fluke if either of them had worked. I wasn't really attached to the donor, and I didn't really feel like either of the insems "hit it" even though the second one seems to have had good timing. The doctor threw me for a loop. Number 3 feels a bit more pressing. Please, please, please let me get the awesome Filipina doctor next time! I feel like she is destined to knock me up. I've got two shots with Jacques before we cut to KD. I've got my fingers crossed for Jacques. KD is great and all but I like JP the best. Besides, wouldn't it be just like me to have a Scorpio? They're delightfully difficult, intense, sarcastic and smart. I love all of those things.

UPDATE: I am officially DENIED by those rat bastards fucking goddamn homophobic misogynist asshole shitsucking asshats at Aetna. This is apparently because I started seeing the RE over a year ago and never mentioned that I was having 'conventional relations' at the time. I pointed out that I only went for surgery, and that my "arrangement" occurred after that original consult, but I can only appeal now. Which I will. With lots of curse words.

On the silver-lining side, it seems that my plan is administered through CT which means if we have to go to IVF, it should be covered. Which also would mean that we have to have 6 IUIs out of pocket to qualify. Which means the KD might be back on the shelf, because I have to have medical intervention to qualify. But IF I can get the CT plan in writing and if I can confirm IVF coverage, I think it makes sense to go the distance with JP. Because $8K out of pocket sucks (and we'll cancel the wedding celebration we were planning, boo!) but it's hell of better that $20K!

17 comments:

  1. I have a good feeling about Jacques! He sounds promising...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Tam and I have had many discussions about whether my big nose and her/donor's flat Filipino nose will merge to be lovely and delicate or absolutely hideous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn - I'm sorry about the spotting. I think we'll be with you in timing and a new donor this cycle - I hope that's what we both need!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking that Jacques is going to get you pregnant. Fo Sho!

    On another note... sorry to hear about that rat bastards at Aetna. This is just another reason why we need healthcare reform! But that's another comment for another post... some other day. :)

    Good luck on your next cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. come on, jacques! i like the sound of 8K vs. 20K, too. if you can get ivf coverage, that sounds like the best route of all.

    and how can they possibly use language like "conventional relations"??? arrrgggghhh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I warned you about that "pre-existing condition " shit A.etNa is famous for.

    Spotting schmotting! Others have had that and still ended up preggers. I'm hanging tough on this one.

    Don't forget the gay asian KD i told you about. He still has jiz avails.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One reason I love reading your blog, Shroe, is not only that you are an intricate and interesting writer, but also that you can swear your way out of a damned box! I admire that about you.
    Sounds like you are way more invested in this new donor. I still haven't given up on this cycle either, but if it doesn't work out, it will be great to change something up. If you need some bad-mouthed backup with that shithole company that supposedly provides "insurance," give me a call. I've got your back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with Libberal--if you need to gather together a posse to kick some ass at your insurance company's headquarters, just give the word. What a bunch of aholes. And what does "conventional relations" mean?!? Are they insane?

    Anyway, I'm hoping that the spotting does not mean what you think it means, but if it does, Jacques sounds fab.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Boo on this bad news. But switching up the donor is a good thing. Surely Jacques' swimmers can do a better job than Sven.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shit sucking asshats doesn't begin to do them justice. I'm so confused about why they're denying you. Fuckers!

    How much is one IUI for you guys, with everything included? Then what is that times four more tries? I ask b/c we could've paid for IVF out of pocket with just what we spent on IUIs (and most things were paid for by V's insurance). Would it make sense just to move to that now?

    And your insurance might even cover the meds. V's prescription insurance always did (Medc0) & even the pharmacist was surprised.

    Sorry for all the BS. :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just read your update (which I would have missed if I trusted my Reader) and I want to say, fuck. I'm sorry about Aetna. Keep fighting the good fight. Make a lawsuit of it. Fuck those bastards and fuck our so-called health care reform.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I guess Aetna really is the same in all states. They stipulated that I had to do 6 IUIs out of pocket before I could do IVF covered. We did it low cost at the lezzie feminist fluffy foot rest clinic so it was a deal, and we only did 4 because by that point I had exhausted my three clomid cheapo tries, my numbers were so bad that the first RE I saw convinced them that any more IUIs were a waste of money and I got the referral for IVF.
    But that's just me. Those fuck heads and their "conventional relationships"!!!! They had a clause about same sex "relations" somewhere I thought. Anyway I am totally rambling and being no help whatesover!
    Good luck with Jacques - and how does that whole known donor thing work with the clinic? Do you have to have him freeze and quarantine his sperm?
    Good luck with the next cycle if this one turns out to be a bust:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooohhhh, lady, I would be livid. I know aetna has NO idea who they are messing with! So sorry to hear this news. How awful.
    On the cycle front, the Fat lady has only crept up the stage. She's not singing yet! If she does sing though, it sounds like you really like Jacques much better anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're right Brandy, no singing yet... it's still anyone's guess. Maybe I *will* have to take back all my trash-talk about Sven's snout ;-)
    I'll test in two days if there's still no signs of singing...

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tireegal, Pom, Lib & Bao: Yeah, that's what they pretty much said to me, 6 IUIs. I am not clear on how they can enforce this when I could claim to be having 'conventional relations' for 6 months and that *wouldn't* count because I admitted to having a female partner and am therefore subject to a higher standard of proof?! Yes, I'm intend to kick ass in court if I have to because I'm bitter and angry and like it when people pick fights with me.
    On the KD front, I'm skipping him, I guess, because it would be just as expesive this way and his chief selling point (other than my affection for him) was that he was free. Under this new Aetna law, that no longer applies. For now.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good luck with Jacques! I'm sure he'll make cute babies even if he was a little funny looking himself. So sorry to hear that Aetna denied coverage. Want me to throw a brick through their window on your behalf?

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Troll Control. Your genuine thoughts are welcome. Please be patient if your comment doesn't appear immediately. I may be otherwise occupied.