IUI #2 today; 34h post trigger. 31 motile sperm injected. My u/s showed probable ovulation either had just happened or was on the verge of happening (hopefully bloods and tomorrow's u/s will further confirm) so all we need now is to wave the fertility icon over my pelvic region and hope for the best. Unfortunately it was not the "good doctor" but the one with the completely flat and disinterested affect of a drive-through cashier.
She literally came in the room, turned off the lights and was putting on gloves before she said her first words to me: "Have any questions?"
I was clasping the precious sample in my sweaty palms to keep it warm while she fiddled around with the speculum and sterile water. When it came time for her to use it, all I saw was her gloved hand rise above the paper sheet and make a grasping motion. Tant pis, and Julia Child would say (whose silly but fun book I am reading now) It doesn't have to be perfect to work.
This tww I resolve to:
-Organize the hallway closets and make more room in there;
-Clean the back yard before all that frozen poop thaws;
-Paint the half-bath in "kalamata," order wall decals from et.sy, hang the toilet paper holder;
-Hang the artwork that is lying around against random walls;
-Fill the lovely photo frames we got for xmas and hang them, too;
-Go to the gym a minimum of 5 days a week;
-Cook at least three new recipes a week.
That oughtta keep me busy.
Good luck, good luck! Sounds like you've got a good keeping-busy plan. I am, once again, ridiculously jealous of your sperm count. It seems like everything went great this round.
ReplyDeleteGood luck! I hope this cycle is the one for you guys.
ReplyDeleteI'm gonna be more relaxed with my 3rd TWW, I swear.
Also, they do an u/s with the IUI? Why doesn't my clinic do that?
Sounds like a plan - you can always call your pal "Christen" if you need further distraction. The timing looks spot on. Fingers still crossed! You're giving me a hand cramp.
ReplyDeleteGood luck! (and bon appetit!...sorry, it was the Julia thing...)
ReplyDeleteI'm jealous of the sperm count too!! Good luck! Sounds like a busy tww - don't forget to relax some too! ;-)
ReplyDeleteAlright girl! Everything sounds like it's lining up just right! xo
ReplyDeleteYahoo!!!! Here you go. :)
ReplyDeleteEverything sounds like perfect timing! I love a good list to make the tww go by! Go little swimmers!
ReplyDeleteGreat list to keep you busy...
ReplyDeleteCome on little swimmers...do your job! Here's to #2 being IT!
I like the timing on this one better. 24 hours was just too early.
ReplyDeleteHey, sounds like the pins are all lined up here-- I hope you knock them down. :) Your house is going to be super clean and you will be very fit and well-fed. It will be a good two weeks.
ReplyDeletefingers crossed! maybe as part of project keep you busy you could post some of your favorite recipes as you try them out.
ReplyDeleteWoohooo! We are going to be cycle buddies and then preggo buddies! Yay for us!
ReplyDeleteThis is your cycle! I'm confident its going to work this time.
ReplyDeleteAlso wanted to throw my good luck into the ring. It all sounds very positive - the timing much like it was for our successful cycle. Great count, too. Come on!
ReplyDeleteWow, awesome sperm count! My best was only about 1/2 that! Good luck with try #2, it sound like the TWW will fly by with all you have to keep you busy.
ReplyDeleteHow are you you doing in keeping up with the plan, one day in?
ReplyDelete:)
Wow - that is quite a list! Good idea to set yourself up for distractions.
ReplyDeleteThe timing sounds really good this time and so does the count! Swim, swim, swim! I'm wishing you SO much luck that this is the one!
BTW, how did you end up so far ahead of me this time? I don't even go in until Monday for a follicle check!