Saturday, January 16, 2010
Mixed Signals. I'm going to buy paint.
So, triggered Tues night. U/s Weds and bloods seemed to indicate imminent ovulation. Insemination Thurs morning. Mittleschmerz Thurs afternoon, about 6h after insem. U/s Fri confirmed that ovulation had occurred (but no time stamp, dammit!) But FF gave me crosshairs for Weds. And not a single +OPK this whole time. Why so complicated?! I wish we all could just go swimming in oceans of sperm for a few days out of the month and be done with it (but not really, ew!) Thanks Strawberry for pointing out that your Very Confusing Cycle was the one that worked. Who knows? Gott be zen with the Schroedinger problem. There is no knowing until it is known. I'm going to buy paint, because at least we can have a pretty bathroom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good plan. Exhibit control where you can girl because this whole babymaking process will make you crazy otherwise. How ironic, I have been considering a post about control over the past couple of days.
ReplyDeleteFF is there to help read a body's natural cues to pinpoint O and pregnancy. You are using so much intervention that I doubt it's an accurate tool for you. All that aside, you know your timing was good. All you can do now is wait. Put your thermometer in a drawer and forget about it if that will help you. And enjoy your new paint!
ReplyDeleteYou've done all you can by this point. No more calculating! Working your list of 'distractions' is a much better option. Now is the time to just let go and let nature do it's thing! You had great timing this month. :)
ReplyDeleteI should paint the bathroom. 5 years in this condo, and it's still bare. Is paint something they tell you not to inhale when pregnant?
ReplyDeletePom, believe it or not I checked into that (just in case!) and regular old latex paint is considered safe (plus, no toxic solvents to remove it) I got Aura from Benjamin More because it is supposed to have lower fumes.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I am excited because I got Speedy to agree to paint our half bathroom this fantastic purplish color that I like so much I might just spend all my free time in there.
Distraction list=better use of time. Much luck on keeping distracted and enjoying your new fancy-pants bathroom.
ReplyDeleteI agree, put the thermometer in a drawer, forget about FF and just go with it, b/c you are already on drugs and being monitored. My RE said that once you stop doing unmedicated cycles, nothing else really matters in regards to doing your own sort of tracking. Others may disagree...but for me it was quite liberating to just let the RE do his thing and remember it's out of my control anyway.
ReplyDeleteFace it, the TWW has you in its grips!! Go paint, read, walk the dogs on this gorgeous day and remember that it's all out of your control.
Easier said than done.
I thought you were playin it cool?lol
ReplyDeleteOK, your timing was perfect and you've got pretty paint-- it could be worse. Have fun with your projects! Or, have a bearable time trying to distract yourself. :P
ReplyDeleteFingers crossed for you! It is a crazy-making process, that's for sure. Your new paint sounds cool - post an after pic!
ReplyDeleteyou have done all you can. enjoy the painting and trying to keep yourself busy now...
ReplyDeleteToo funny - Rose and I were obsessed with that Kalamata color as well (Potter.y Barn winter 07 color scheme, I think?) and almost painted OUR bath that color. We painted R's workshop the color instead - it looks great! Enjoy.
ReplyDeleteI was hugely relieved when I stopped temping (at the advice of my doctor). There were too many questions and doubts with every slightly-off number. I agree that you've done all you can this go-round - you've done a great job making decisions and gathering and processing the information - and I think you should feel really good about this cycle. Good luck!