...That's was Speedy heard last night instead of...
"I love you, too. Night night!"
"Tunahead?!"
"Hrm?"
"Did you just call me a tunahead?"
(laughing) "No, but I like it."
"No, no!"
"What's the matter, Tunahead?"
She says I mumble, I say she needs Miracle Ear.
Rarely do I call her her given name. Often she is Speedy, though increasingly she has morphed into Stinky. But now Tunahead is my hands-down favorite. And henceforth, so she shall be.
~~
So I plunked down my credit card this morning to pay for this round. I am trying not to fret too much. I will be in touch with my case manager and either I will get this paid for next time or I won't. I have little control over the outcome at this point. Tomorrow, Mama Tunahead will be coming for an overnight, so tonight we will be spit-shining the apartment.
I have two questions for you:
What are you weekend plans?
What are your favorite loving pet names for your partners?
Too funny!
ReplyDeleteWeekend plans: Take down Christmas
Pet names: Laugh Riot, Hot Hot Soccer Player, Baby Mama, Yanet
weekend plans: video games, acupuncture, grading papers, trying not to obsess over this TWW (in other words, no plans)
ReplyDeletepet names: Bug & Boogah most often, Honey & Hun, assorted other names that come into my head for a week or two and then pass on (often with the word head in them, so Tunahead would be right up my alley). I also rarely call M by her given name.
Tunahead!
ReplyDeleteHilarious.
I've been following your insurance woes and all I can say is, more power to you. We didn't fight Humana like we should have, so every trip to the RE was an exercise in bean-counting, as in, how much is this part? If you come in the office, is that extra? If we store the vials for more than one day, how much is it? Ugh. I hate insurance companies.
Weekend plans: Uno has a conference in Dallas at a nice hotel, and I came along so I could lounge about in said hotel. Grading, treadmilling, coffee-swilling, but all in a hotel. The high life!
And pet names: Mojo, Little Mama, Budge. There are more, but they're spontaneous and I'm blanking on them.
Hope the insurance co suprises you with a big fat payment.
ReplyDeleteWeekend plans: Saturday tons of errands and cleaning. Sunday, small dinner party at our house with White Elephant gift exchange.
Pet names: We call each other Smooshy sometimes, but mostly jsut our given names.
Very cute! I like tunahead as well.
ReplyDeleteweekend plans: work party cancelled due to snow...snow and icy roads = making soup and lots of cuddling at the house.
I never call her by her name and have the most randome and ridiculous names for her..so there are lots and lots of pet names, such as.... sugar plum, bug, mimmy, bugaboo, pumpkin, sugar, puffkin, lou who, also shortened to "who" at times , mim, mis, and so many more that are just random
and then there are the typical baby, hun, honey, sweetie, darling
I like Tunahead. I have too many pet names for Fern, but my main one is Bundle/Bun/Bunny. It's my birthday tomorrow and I actually have no plans. I'm supposed to be thinking of something to do...
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday, Olive! I hope it involves fantastic vegan baked goods and a suitably wonderful celebration of you.
ReplyDeleteI heart Capricorns especially.
Do you need stims? I have Gonal F that is going to waste in my fridge just over the river, so if you need it....that could save you a lot of money.
ReplyDeleteIt's the exact same thing as Follistim.
I like Tunahead! Even if you didn't do it on purpose.
We are a confusing household because...shhhh....we are BOTH Puffer. Yep. And various nicknames with a Puffer-base. And babe. Muff. MuffPuff. PuffStuff. See a pattern here?
Weekend...gee, you know when you live your life on a recliner, the weekend hardly matters. I have no plans!
Weekend: Gym, party, farm show
ReplyDeleteNicknames: Jenn is my teapot. She's short and stout!!!
Hanging out the my wife and our b/g almost six year old twins. Serious prep for their Star Wars Clone Wars themed party this weekend, doesn't everyone want a nice cup of Yoda Soda? :)
ReplyDeleteI call her Novi (No-vee) short for Novia (girlfriend/love interest in Spanish)
-Rebecca
Horray for new nicknames!
ReplyDeleteSince Rose has only been Rose's name since, er, I started this blog, my new favorite nickname for her is Rosalita. Rosalinda. Rosalee. So many new options! She is having similar fun with the Rubester.
Weekend: PROVINCETOWN!
How could I forget Bunny?
ReplyDeleteLike everyone else, I think Tunahead is utterly awesome.
Weekend plans: Cooking extravaganza at a friends house this evening, asian themed this time. Probably going to see a movie tomorrow, take the doggie to the beach.
ReplyDeletePet names: Buddy, Mama, Booga and Guppie a while back (she once leaned into a space heater and burned the screen pattern into hand. For days after it looked like scales, hence Guppie)
Tunahead is very very nice. :)
Weekend: Hang with the PooMan and then work.
ReplyDeletePet Names: Kung Fu Panda. She's got a black belt.
Have fun with Tunahead this weekend, and good job not stressin the stuff you can't control..
This is so cute to read other people's pet names. :) We call each other lulu and lala, and I also call her boo, muffin, and pooper, among other things. We only use our real names in public, so it's always strange to hear her call me by my given name.
ReplyDelete