Friday, January 15, 2010

Is it too soon...

...to say I don't feel pregnant? That was first thing I thought this a.m., though my temp did shoot up, and the u/s confirmed ovulation occurred yesterday.

But thank you for your amazing positive energy and all the high hopes you are sending my way. Who knows? I could be wrong. Speedy doesn't know this, but it happens sometimes.

I "worked" from home today, which means in actuality that I slept in till 6:30 (Woot! Don't tell me I don't know how to live it up!), didn't get to the RE's office till 8:19, had a nice post-RE decaf cappuccino with Speedy, checked my e-mail, had a cup of tea, and listened to my podcasted Rachel Maddow by the time I normally would have been moaning in my cubicle about the endlessness of the day.

And yes, Pomegranate, my list is coming along. I picked up the poop in the yard AND measured the half bath and placed an order for the paint. I also met my potential buyer for my other co-op, a.k.a. the Albatross, that I have been trying to sell for eight months in the crappiest market of my lifetime. We did an inspection with an engineer (Mold in the basement, booo! Roof solid, yay!) And THEN I took my poor long-suffering Ozzie in to donate blood for one of Speedy's clients. And found out Ozzie put on 8 pounds over the holidays! More walks, fewer biscuits!

All that, and not a lick of editing got done! At least it is a long weekend, and I can work intermittently when nothing more pressing is going on.

On a separate note, I had acupuncture last night after work and it was amazing. I want to go all Queer Eye for the Straight Guy and affect that gay-boy lisp for you, "omigawd, it was just FAHBYOOLUSS!" (which is sadly the most recent tv analogy I have for you.) I didn't really expect or experience much during my first two sessions and seemed to always have to watch the time because I always had somewhere to run off to right afterward. But last night, Speedy had taken care of the dogs AND made me dinner (chick pea and sweet potato stew, and Amy of Amily Diaries, you are totally right: I will be posting recipes) so all I had to do was sit in that chair and relax. And relax I did-- I don't think I have ever relaxed like that, like the whole world disappeared, time ceased existing and I just floated. I tried to meditate a little, but I kept floating away. The interesting thing is that pregnant women kept visiting me. I didn't feel like I was sleeping, but I definitely was in a trance-like, dream-like state and kept seeing pregnant ladies in my mind. When she came to take my needles out, if she had asked me I would have said I had been there for fifteen, twenty minutes, but I was there for a full hour and fifteen minutes.

The feeling lasted all the way until I got on the elevator and checked my messages. But still. It was amazing, and I made another appointment for Monday. I can't thank Olive enough for cuing me into this.

Ahh that's it from here. I'm a little wound up today, which is another reason I don't feel pregnant. And my b00bs-- they started hurting two days ago and are HUGE, thanks to the hormones. I am discounting anything they say from here on out.

Last week I asked what y'all call your honeys and I loved the replies. This week: How do you relax? And how often do you so it?

9 comments:

  1. Ooh, your timing for your IUIs sound really, really great! I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.

    And good for you for having a list of things to keep you busy--very very smart, and when, two weeks from now, you find out you're pregnant, you'll be so glad you checked all that stuff off NOW rather than putting it off.

    Glad your acupuncture experience was so lovely, too!

    My #1 relaxation method: reading. I also relax by walking the dog and doing yoga.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, yes. It's too soon to say you don't feel pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES IT'S TOO SOON. Stop! Positive thoughts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this theory that I didn't get pregnant this cycle because I was fatalistic about the whole thing and my body took cues from my attitude.

    Don't be like me. Think positively!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I'm glad you're feeling the acu bliss. That's my favorite way to relax!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you actually make accupuncture sound fabulous.

    And when you wrote this post, you were doubtlessly not pregnant. As you know, all the ingredients have to meet, descend and attach, taking time. Now today, could be another story. :) Your IUI timing sounds great.

    And I love the waiting to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cycle that worked was the one we thought for sure didn't. Just sayin' :)

    As for relaxing, music helps a LOT. So does internet surfing, mindless television, a walk if the weather is nice, snuggling, a good meal, a glass of wine :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too Early! Too Early! Keep on that positive train as long as you can- who knows how it'll effect the next handful of days. I loved your description of the acupuncture session...it make me feel relaxed just sitting here at my breakfast table. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yeah..acupuncture! I feel the same way coming out of my sessions..I try to go at least once a week and I love it. I come out in fully blissed out. Yoga and mindless tv = also good relaxation :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Troll Control. Your genuine thoughts are welcome. Please be patient if your comment doesn't appear immediately. I may be otherwise occupied.