Wednesday, January 13, 2010

CD11

I triggered last night (10 p.m.) and they wanted me to come in this a.m. to check my bloods and do an u/s. I was obsessively doing the math in my head all last night (If the trigger causes ovulation in 24-36h & an egg lives 24h, but frozen IUI semen lasts only 6-12h, what is the best window for insemination? Answer: about 30-36h) I temped (which I am rapidly starting to hate, sorry) and peed on opks all this month and even did the dreaded CM check and all signs pointed to no early ovulation, confirming my timing theory.

I was all wound up when I went in this a.m., starting to think well THEY have nothing to lose if I don't get pregnant this cycle, it's just more money to them (although I am 99% certain we are switching docs or going alone next time), but the good doctor (the Filipina who likes to talk about how many women she's gotten pregnant) agreed with me. Well, not that I said much, but she looked at my u/s, compared to last month's pictures and hmmmed and huhhhed a little, then said, "Sorry, I am going to make you come back tomorrow."

Hooray! This means I get my 30-36h window (33 to be exact). I feel really good about that timing, although I know that the odds are still crap. At least this way I feel like they are maximized.

And for the next tww, I am totally chill. Whatev, man. It's cool.

15 comments:

  1. I think that’s a good move. If you’re not showing the O signs, better to wait. And you tried to 24 hour thing last time, so 33 sounds good. I like trying diff’t things. During all of the IUIs, I felt like that classic definition of insanity: doing the same thing and expecting a diff’t result. GL tomorrow! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! That sounds perfect. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice timing. Sounds like you're where you want to be. Good luck tomorrow, I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad your doctor acknowledged that you know your body. I felt the same way about doing the IUI too early with cycle one.

    Why do you hate temping/charting? Am I the only one who loves it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the lucky wishes ;-) Who knows, que sera sera & whatnot...

    Pomegranate- I liked it for a minute, because it felt all, you know, EMPOWERED or wahtever, but when I wake up and start to get up, and then my voices start screaming LIE DOWN RIGHT NOW OMG YOU ARE TOTALLY SCREWING UP YOUR CHART YOU IDIOT and then I have to go pee on my hand and somehow remember the temperature all the way between the bed and the bathroom and the computer, and then I'm looking at it all bleary and trying to discern, Is that a dip? What is a dip? What does it mean if the CM is watery vs. creamy? Vs. Sticky?? Can someone please enlighten me? And I haven't even let the dogs out and then I realize I've been typing on the keyboard with the very same urine-soaked hand that I forgot to wash in my hurry to record my temp before forgetting....I kinda start to hate it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I only charted for a couple of months - same thing as you, Schroe: too big of a pain in the ass, and then with all of the hormones, it doesn't work quite the same anyway. The hormones made my temps go all wonky. If you're monitored, it's all moot anyway - someone else is minding the shop. Go 33 hours! My doc is a fan of the 30-36 hour window. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like perfect timing to me! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Charting is starting to wear on me too. Between two cats, the enduring propensity to wake up about an hour before you usually do to go pee, the constant need to drink water, the completely unpredictable waking times...it all just gets to be too much. After 6 months of that damn website telling me not much and confusing me most of the time, I'm about to say SCREW IT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 33 hours after trigger..perfect! Best of luck during this tww!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hated charting too- especially the temping part. I could never remember to do it before I got out of bed. I'm glad you were able to get a later IUI. Personally, I always thought my IUIs happened too soon after the trigger shot. Good luck with your second (and hopefully last) IUI!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree about the charting. I gave up when we decided to go see a RE. He does the monitoring and I pay him. :) Better than peeing on your hand and trying to remember reandom numbers when you're half asleep. I cramp at some point after the trigger also and the doc says that is most likely when I'm ovulating.
    Good luck this time. Sounds like the timing is spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Freakin' charting. What a hassle. There is too much dang math and record-keeping involved in this business.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I stopped charting when we started shooting up. The RE says everything gets messed up and you're being monitored anyway..so.
    You can stop peeing on your hand now:)

    I think you did right by the timing. It sounds like it was too early. The month I insisted on a later insem was the month I got pregnant!

    Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good for you for being so on top of it, and good for your doctor for agreeing with you. Glad to know that you're in good hands with medical care, even if your insurance company needs to go fuck itself.

    My fingers are crossed for you for today's insem!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I cheat on my charts. I walk to the alarm clock every day and press snooze. Then I pick up my BBT thermometer, go back to bed, and sleep with the thermometer in my mouth for 15 minutes. I have the exact same amount of movement every single day, so I figure it shouldn't mess things up to much. The data seems pretty consistent and revealing, so I'm sticking to my claim that the 6 steps to the alarm and thermometer and then back to bed don't screw up my charting.

    Shhhhh! Don't tell anyone my little secret, k?

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Troll Control. Your genuine thoughts are welcome. Please be patient if your comment doesn't appear immediately. I may be otherwise occupied.