Saturday, January 30, 2010

Neither here nor there

UPDATED! Sorry for the technical problems with the link. I fixed. Oh, and this cycle? 100% over. C'mon, Jacques!
*****

That's where I am. The tww is officially over, and I tested on day 14 and I was negative. I didn't go in for the blood test. I spotted very lightly on 11dpo and again on 16dpo, only a blush, but no sign of AF. We're *pretty* sure this cycle is a dud, but there's two things that bother me: 1) the absence of AF when by this time last cycle I was already on CD3; and 2) that stick test? IT may have been a little compromised... In my OPK days, I had accidentally ripped open the hermetically sealed package it came in thinking it was an O-stick. Then I stuck it in a Ziploc bag and forgot about it. That was maybe 2 months ago. So maybe the test could have been a dud?

I dunno. I stopped taking the evil P when I tested, and my b00bs are back to normal. There are no signs of AF or PG at this point. Hence my limbo land.

But Speedy and I were reviewing Jacques last night and we LOVE him. First off, this guy is his "celebrity look alike".


Jacques.

Second, he's an art history major, graphic artist, photographer and is described as intelligent and meticulous. And, um, "trend conscious." Oh, um, and Speedy pointed out, maybe just a little GAY?! When we went to listen to the audio again, it was suddenly wonderfully obvious that he is a TOTAL FLAMER. So we love him.


And we have a new plan: Since it looks like my insurance will probably NOT cover IVF, and we're going out of pocket on the IUIs, as Adventures** pointed out, wouldn't it be more cost-effective for us to skip the slow dance and go rent a room? Once we get out of this limbo, we're giving Jacques one try the old fashioned way (medicated and monitored IUI) and then moving straight to IVF. The second set of three IUIs has a cum,ulative success rate of about 10%-- one IVF is about 40% at my age. Why blow $8k on a 10% chance when we can blow $12k on a decent shot? It feels crazy expensive and scary but honestly, it also seems to be the most pragmatic thing to do.

I leave you with pictures of my loves.

** V., by the way, just got "embied up"-- so send good thoughts their way!!




13 comments:

  1. Hey i wanna see what celebs he looks like. That link doesn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just reading your post, I am pretty hopeful for you guys. Yes, I am an eternal optimist but still.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fur baby pics! Hate hate hate limboland. But the new plan sounds like a winner and the comment about skipping the slow dance made me spit-take a drink of smoothie.

    Ivf is just another process: the fear is all in the unknown. In a the next 2-3 months, you are going to do a BFP post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you don't have closure on this cycle yet. We had a wonky cycle like this, too- looked like AF was imminent but then it went away and tests still showed negative. Ultimately it was negative, but those days of waiting sucked even more. Jacques sounds great though so when his swimmers do the trick, you'll be happier knowing it was a donor you both thought was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Malea, don't know why the link didn't work for you; google taylor kinney. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. jacques sounds perfect! i think moving on to ivf quickly makes alot of sense, i wish we hadnt wasted so many months and sooo much money on iuis. we are going straight to ivf for baby #2 (with my dp).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for the sweet shout out to us - it meant a lot to both of us. :) Btw, V loves that you shortened Dr. Not-a-Douchebag to Dr. N-A-D, and that's how she refers to him via text msg to me.

    Well, it sounds like this cycle isn't officially out?! I still have hope, but if it doesn't work, let's go Jacques!

    I loooove that he may be gay. You know how conservative dipshits like to say that since the gays can't have kids of their own, they recruit? You can say, "eff you, bitches, we're not recruiting other gays, we're BREEDING them". he he (not that it would necessarily make a gay kid, but I feel like it must up the odds or something)

    The kiddos are cute! I like that the kitty is in the background w/ the pic w/ the dog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH NO - I can't see the celebrity look alike! Heyulp!
    I think you might still be pregnant but I'm just going out on a limb there!
    Your kitty and doggy are adorable! Why is it that cats love sinks so much? Is it because of the water?
    Jacques sounds like a real catch!
    Hope you don't feel too despondant and I think the IVF plan is the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your cute animals. :) What is with cats and sinks? There is a website- catsinsinks.com-- just what it sounds like. I agree about the IVF odds and potential money saved. Who knows, though-- sounds like there's a little chance you might not need it... Waiting to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear that you this cycle most likely is over. It is super frustrating when AF takes forever to show up.

    I think that moving on to IVF in the near future is a smart financial and emotional move. I think that our next try might be IVF as well. I figured up the cost that we have spent on TTC today and was shocked!

    We think our donor is gay too and we are thrilled by that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Why is everyone giving up on this cycle? She said AF ,who isn't due til sunday [stay away you b*tch] hasn't shown up and that she compromised the integrity of the stick.


    Here beta,beta....

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love celebrity look-alike photos. Esp. setting them side by side and thinking okay, what features do these guys have in common that the bank staff clearly zeroed in on? Oh weird world of A.R.T.! And I love that Jacques could be gay - if we'd known a good gay friend willing to be our KD, we would have gone for it. Super gay genes all the way.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Onward and upward to Jacques! I'm over here in Cally already thinking huge and awesome thoughts about this cycle!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Troll Control. Your genuine thoughts are welcome. Please be patient if your comment doesn't appear immediately. I may be otherwise occupied.