Still fighting. Aetna has now apparently blacklisted my number. I don't even get to the main "infertility group" any more when I call the 800 number. I get shunted to an answering service that will only take a message. My bile and rage has no limit.
But, as I told my friend last night, "We know we're right, but unfortunately we live in a corporatocracy where justice doesn't always prevail." That is, I am trying to accept that I can be right and be fucked at the same time. I AM still fighting those fuckers, too. They haven't even denied me at all, but are apparently trying the indefinite delay tactic, the defacto denial of limbo.
Speedymom was here for an overnight Saturday, which was actually fun, if somewhat like having a tyrannical toddler temporarily hijack our home. She's all of 4'10" and 82 years old, but she rearranged the entire kitchen and our bookshelves within minutes of arriving ("You put here!"). (I have learned to let her do whatever she wants, then put things back later.) She loves me, unaccountably, so was very appreciative of my cooking-- even Speedy's butternut squash soup, which she gave me credit for despite having watched Speedy make the whole thing. (All I did was puree the squash!) Then she put my hair wax on her face and tottered off to bed.
The next day we took her to Speedy's sister's house in Jersey, where Speedy and I escaped from the usual family mayhem by sequestering ourselves in the TV room and watching the Star Trek movie, which was GREAT. I'm not a trekkie (but Speedy is, even though she's closeted about it) but like anyone who grew up in the 70s and 80s, I did catch a few episodes and had a rough memory of some of the major characters. The movie was a prequel, and was done in a souped-up version of the original production values (cheesey effects somewhat uncheesified by technology, but still there!) I highly recommend it for Trekkies and non-Trekkies alike.
When we departed Speedy's sister's house, Speedy and I were walking Speedymom down the steps when Speedysdad honked the car horn impatiently. Speedymom, true to form, yelled out "Oh shut up, [Speedydad]! Go to hell!" Then cackled her way all the way to the car.
The remaining six hours of our weekend we spent searching for the utensils that Speedymom had reorganized according to her own inscrutable logic, then cooking up (SPeedy, again! She's becoming quite the cook!) a fantastic eggplant & mango curry.
And this morning, back in the stirrups again. 3 follies on the right and one on the left (all about 15-16). Looks like we're heading for a trigger tomorrow and IUI #2 Weds. Hopefully this time Scotty will beam 'em up.
I love the description of your wknd - sounds hilarious w/ your MIL.
ReplyDeleteYes, the restaurant was Lucky Chengs. Wonder if it's still around?
Everything sounds good for IUI#2 (and hopefully the last one!). Can't wait to hear the report.
I'm so bummed about your insurance company situation. Glad to hear you had a weekend that got your mind of things. I need to see that movie!
ReplyDeleteThat SUCKS about your insurance battles. Grrr...evil, evil, evilness. But great news about your follicle growth! Good luck with #2!
ReplyDeleteSpeedymom sounds like a riot! I very much enjoyed your description of your weekend endeavors. :)
ReplyDeleteI agree on the Star Trek front - we actually saw it in the theater and was pleasantly surprised. Very fun.
Good luck on IUI #2 - those follies are almost ready to go!! I'm sending you lots of lucky baby-beaming vibes!
Insurance Corptocracy= sucks. Big time.
ReplyDeleteThe new Star Trek= awesome, and totally PooMan's new favorite movie. I loved it too.
Speedymom= hilarious.
Overall score= 9.5/10 (-.5 for insurance dumbasses)
This post cracks me up. Too funny.
ReplyDeleteYour insurance is acting... well, like assholes.
And all those follies on day 9... sounds like a positive cycle is on the way!!!
Sorry to hear about the insurance company. BC/BS did lots of stalling with us. Then they gave us a formal letter telling us we'd been denied coverage for IVF because we had not tried lesser methods first. Mind you, this was at the point when we were only looking for coverage for IUI. When we contacted them again to fix this error, they acted like IUI and IVF were interchangeable! In the end, the insurance company won out, because we weren't willing to put our TTC attempts on hold until they stopped stalling.
ReplyDeleteBest of luck with attempt #2. Hopefully it will be the last!
found a short for speedy, too:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.cafepress.com/+12_korean_is_better_than_none_womens_vneck_dark,173191208
AIBM- I love it! It would also head off all those awkward questions when people can't stand it any more and have to ask, "So... where are your parents from?" All casual-like, as if they ask that of everyone.
ReplyDelete