That was the name of my first lip gloss, and oh how I loved it. I felt so sophisticated, so daring.
And....
That was also what appeared on my toilet paper last night, a tiny, teeny little spot of blush-pink. Try as I might I could not repeat the trick, nor did any more appear this a.m. I don't generally spot at all. My period is not due till Tuesday, and generally when it does come, it just arrives with no coy hinting beforehand. I can't tell if I feel crampy or back-achey or anything in particular. I don't know if this harkens the early arrival of an out-of-sorts AF (thanks for all the hormones!) or irritation from all those g/d progesterone suppositories, a hallucination, or something else entirely. It is 14dpo- seems too late to even hope for the mythical "implantation spotting".
Speedy and I spent New Year's Day with Ex and her partner (who is 15 weeks pregnant) and our (Ex's & mine) two godchildren and their parents. A funny grouping, but we ended up having a good time eating fabulous food and playing charades until almost 10. Sabrina, my god-daughter, just turned two, and her little brother, Varick, turns one month today. She was so sweet to him it almost broke my heart-- watching her tuck him in on his boppy and put his pacifier in his mouth, kiss and hug him goodnight.
It was a nice way to start the year, surrounded by "found" family. What did you-all do?
Happy New Year!!!
ReplyDeletehoping that hint is the only one you have :)
Happy New Year!!! Sounds like you're not stressing the pink, way to go. I am seriously going to channel your no-stress approach to TCC when we start.
ReplyDeleteFor New Year's we fed 229 people black-eyed peas and collard greens at our restaurant. It was a lot of work of course, but everyone was in good hungover spirits and Kandy from the Real Housewives of ATL on Bravo came in! She looks even more beautiful in person. (you don't seem much like a trashy TV person, but it was a highlight nonetheless...)
OMG, you have incredible will power!! It's a good thing we don't know each other IRL, I'd be following you around with a hpt!! :~) Keeping my fingers crossed for you.
ReplyDeleteHappy 2010!
We did something similar, but later and the ones with children didn't show up.
ReplyDeleteAs for the pink spot, it means nothing. Like you said, all those gels and irritations are bound to have side effects.
I would be so tempted to pull out the pee sticks at this point. I'm so impressed!
Libberal-- sounds amazing! I love your 2009 recap, too! I'm trying to surrender to the fact that the outcome is unknown and no amount of divination by me or others (at this point) will change that. I am still very much looking forward to Monday!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteWe're almost there! I, too, am impressed with your will power thus far. The blood test is the reliable test though, so I understand not wanting to confuse yourself beforehand.
ReplyDeleteYou never know about the pink spotting....keep those spirits high. :)
Hey, I think I had that same lip gloss! Sounds like the hint 'o pink could really be any of those things you mentioned, really. Good for you for just taking deep breaths and waiting. I'm learning as we go to try not to think much of possible symptoms and to just have patience. It's not easy. :)
ReplyDelete