Dammit. I got so busy yesterday I forgot to post! My Lolo is back. Her knee is swollen from the surgery and her whole leg is shaved (that makes one leg of 36 in our household that has seen a razor recently) and tender, but she is on the mend. I have been hand-feeding her and generally spoiling her rotten since she returned. The extra attention helps distract her from the pain. I have had a similar surgery-- so I know it aches, and because percocet is no friend of mine (I got the all-over itching, which was pure torture) and vicodin is a bad joke with no punchline (what was that stuff, anyway? I might as well have had a tic tac for all it did), my only comfort was ice cream. Lolo gets fresh ground beef, but I figure the pain-ameliorating effects are about the same.
When I wasn't tending to Lolo I was out walking that Akita or working on finding him a home. I also found time in there to go pick up some used baby toys for Speetus, who seems snug as a bug in a rug in there at 37 weeks, but, you know, I hear that this will change pretty soon, and that could happen without warning.
I am term today, guys. Meaning, ANY MINUTE NOW Speetus could drop and everyone would be all, "Well, here we go!" I feel like I need a little more warming up. But I guess I better take what time I have left (and who knows how much that is, really) to get used to the idea...
wow..congrats on being "term" -- it feels like some fanfare should be bestowed! Its gonna be an exciting next few weeks....
ReplyDeletesugar isn't loving the percocet, either. she gets the itching, the terrible nightmares, and a bad headache, poor thing. i just get drowsy yet unable to sleep.
ReplyDeletei can't believe you're already 37 weeks! good grief! it has all gone so fast, at least from my perspective.
i so wish we could take that akita (but we so can't).
Oh my gosh, you're gonna be having that baby soon! How exciting!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! Almost there now...
ReplyDeleteHappy to hear the pup is doing well, poor girl. And congrats to you! Now every time you post I'll be wondering if it's "the one"...
ReplyDeleteNicole, ha ha- yikes!
ReplyDeleteI am pretty sure I have a few more weeks, but, geez, who knows, right?!
Scary.
Just to point out, our friend's baby was born at 37 weeks. Clearly, this was just because he wanted to share a birthday with yours truly, but hey. Your baby could, too!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear that Sophie is home and recovering. PB had knee surgery a couple of years ago, and it did not seem to be the most fun ever. But I'm sure being hand-fed treats helped. (It seemed to work with PB, anyway... at least a little.)
Happy full term, and so glad your pup is back!
ReplyDeleteGet well soon, Lolo!
ReplyDeleteSo exciting that you are so close to delivering! Seems like it's gone so fast from this end.
37 weeks! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS ON MAKING IT TO 37 WEEKS!!!!! How exciting!!! Cant wait to read your birth story and read how it felt to see your little one for the first time :)
ReplyDeleteHappy 37 weeks to you! Any time now! I feel like I still have some time but you never know. I saw a lady today that was due Dec 12th and she had her baby 3 days ago. He was 8 lbs though (sure seems like mis-calculated due date to me!).
ReplyDeleteGlad your Lolo is home and on the mend also. She deserves every one of those treats. :)
Woo-hoo! Full term! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteSpeetus--we are all looking forward to meeting you soon!
You did a great job baking that baby. Congrats! Can't wait to meet your little one soon.
ReplyDeleteHope Lo is feeling better and recovering well.