Guess Speetus's sex in the poll on the right!
Speetus is getting ornery in there, but aside from ONE (count 'em) BH contraction, I got nothin'-- no signs of imminent parturition. I'm fine with that, thought the boot (OMG, the boot!) makes getting around with my belly and newfound hips all the more challenging, what? Getting around with a newborn will be easier? I don't think so! Don't get me wrong, I am definitely getting excited, but I am not expecting to drop any big news on y'all for a while yet. My practice lets me go two weeks over, and I fully expect to while away some of that time perfecting the hot cocoa mix that everyone is going to get in their stockings for the holidays...
But take the poll! What d'you think? Boy, girl? Something in between? Does it matter?
One Chinese gender predictor test says Girl. The other says Boy. The Magic Eightball likes to mess with my head, giving a new and contradictory answer every time. According to most people on the street, I'm "carrying like it's a boy." But my mother is fully convinced it's a girl (mostly, it seems, because she want to watch me suffer like she did.) So, what do you think?
In Akita news, "Easy" is with an excellent Akita rescue organization that will find him an appropriate forever home. He turned out to be an amazing dog, especially for a breed that is notably aloof and sometimes aggressive. I am so happy that he has a second shot at a good life, despite his rough start. I'm such a big ol' softy when it comes to dogs.
i am betting on a boy but only with slight conviction. I generally have a good track record with my guesses but its hard since I haven't seen you :)
ReplyDeleteRegardless, we can wait to "meet" Speedby, whenever he/she decided to make an appearance!
I'm guessing boy because your 36 week shot looks like you're carrying high, and boys are more stubborn to come out :)
ReplyDeleteI'm guessing girl but I am almost always wrong, so it's probably safe to bet against me. Yay for them letting you go two weeks over! I mean, not yay for carrying a babe for a full 42 weeks, but yay for no inductions. I predict a Speetus on...the 14th? I'm also terrible at guessing dates. Best to ignore me.
ReplyDeleteYou're officially a December mom! December babies are the best!! 2 weeks over is Xmas eve, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteI guessed GIRL. Up until recently I was actually positive you already *knew* you were having a one.
I guessed girl because thats what my instincts have been telling me all along. Either way, the child will be adorable so it doesn't matter :)
ReplyDeleteGlad the Akita found a safe place. I'm really surprised to hear that it had such a good temperament, but its awesome because that should make placement MUCH easier.
I guessed who cares--thanks for putting that option up! :) (I guess I would amend my guess to who cares--but healthy if I had the option!)
ReplyDeleteGlad the Akita is going to get the home she needs.
i'm voting "girl"! cant wait to find out! :)
ReplyDeleteI am guessing girl because whenever I think of your baby my brain assumes it is a girl for no good reason.
ReplyDeleteI have a stronger boy feeling but I'm pretty sure that's just because (for some reason) I think of "Speetus" as a boy's name. It's not logical, but it's what I've got. So I guessed both. :)
ReplyDeleteGood luck finishing the pregnancy with that boot. It might not be glamorous, but it's surely exciting!
i hope for something healthy. You will love the baby at any rate no matter. thats what i always say, something healthy. I cant wait to know the name!
ReplyDeletegreat news on the doggie!
ReplyDeletei guessed girl because we have one - original i know!
wheres the picture of the belly and the boot?xoxo
Congrats on finding a rescue organization for the Akita. :)
ReplyDeleteI voted girl although I have to say I don't feel strongly one way or another (for you OR me!). I can't wait to hear which "model" your Speetus is and what name you have picked out.
As much as I love the idea of calling Speedus Speed-o, I've thought girl all along. I'm almost never wrong, but just last week I was, so whatever that's worth.
ReplyDeleteOur TG was really nice. I can't remember if I told you our plan (?), but we went to V's boss and his wife's house. They live two blocks from us so our TG commute was pushing the stroller around the corner. Best holiday commute ever. They are really great, like another set of parents to us, and the wife always fills us in on her favorite subjects: her lez daughter and whatever Olberman/ Maddow has been saying recently. :) They always have great food and lots of good wine, so it was awesome. How was your experience at Grouchy's place?