Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Wishful Wednesday

I wish Pokus would hurry up now.
I wish I was sure I knew what a contraction felt like.
I wish I had had the tenacity and courage to hire a home birth midwife.
I wish that for every day Pokus failed to come, I would have an extra day on the other side of my maternity leave to hang out with him/her.
I wish I had anything new to report.

My parents are driving down from northern Vermont for the weekend, even though last weekend my father broke his leg.  I know they are hoping and expecting to see a baby before they go back on Sunday night.  The pressure is on.  Anyway we cut it, this is going to be a rough week. 

9 comments:

  1. Ugg I am so sorry that Pokus is being..slow-pokie..Not that it helps, but in France the typical gestational length is 41 weeks so babies regularly go 42-42 weeks..maybe she/he is expressing her goat/French-side?
    Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll probably be in internet-less wilderness (aka, the semi-suburban far southwest side of chicago) when pokus does come, but i will be thinking of all of you. did you come on time? if not, maybe your mother will be glad someone is already giving you a run for your money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ((()))
    even though it doesnt seem like it right now, you are SO close! you CAN do this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry you have a 12 day old child inside you. :( You must be a really nice and warm over for Pokus to not want to come out! As far as contractions, (for me) they start out like period cramps and get stronger until it's the worst period cramp of your life x10. Hope that helps! Now go drink some castor oil!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish these things for you too. Know that you will meet that kiddo soon. And so will your parents.

    Be well, and know you've got an inappropriately huge cheering section. (Okay, maybe inappropriate is the wrong word. Remarkable? Bloggable? Whatever-able?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY GOD! You poor poor thing!!!

    Offering is right. You ARE so close. And you can do it. However it happens, it's going to happen...soon. Did you get the sweep??

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm quite sure Pokus will make her appearance by Sunday. Maybe she has been waiting for your parents all along. :)
    BTW, you'll know when you feel a contraction. A good one, anyway! Especially when they start to come consistantly every few minutes. :) You're almost there!!! You'll be completely sleepless like the rest of us before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My midwife had me drink red raspberry leaf team and take evening primrose oil. Not sure if it really helped but it least it felt like I was doing something. There is supposedly a pressure point on the outside of your shin somewhere too. I'm sure you're getting advise from a million directions and I'm sure most are old wives tales like mine :) Just thought I'd throw something out there.

    My baby was 5 days early so I can't relate to what you are going through but I can only imagine how frustrating and scary the unknown is Will check back tomorrow hoping for good news.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Troll Control. Your genuine thoughts are welcome. Please be patient if your comment doesn't appear immediately. I may be otherwise occupied.