Friday, December 10, 2010

New poll: Guess how late Speetus will come! [UPDATED w/photos]

I'm still pregnant! Just in case you were afraid to ask!  Seriously, I think it's kind of sweet that everyone is "just checking in".  Nothing has happened of note in the last 24 hours, except that I turned on all the blinky/musical/mobile things we had at one time just to experience the hellish cacophony.  can that be good for little minds?!  And I labeled all our drawers of baby things:  Onesies, receiving blankets, extra diapers, etc....  I love label making so much that I might just keep labeling everything; it seems to give things an inherent purpose and meaning, whereas before it was just "stuff." 

Maybe Speetus has dropped a smidge.  Hard to say for sure.  I do seem to be peeing with more frequency.  But I still think it will be a while yet....
Time for a new poll!  Check it out on the right!

Below (upon request) the latest 2 belly shots:  droppage?

#1 is 39w4d; #2 is tonight, 40w. 

Hey, look!  My belly can't cover the fact that we still have bags of crap to get rid of! 


17 comments:

  1. i guessed 1-3 days late (mostly because i wanted to physically harm people who guessed later for me!) ;)

    the blinky/musical things are indeed awful. luckily, most of them come with "off" switches and are just as interesting without playing music! my 1yo still hasnt figured out how to turn them on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're going the whole way! Ho Ho Ho! (;

    ReplyDelete
  3. Due date, schmudate. In France they consider full term to be 41 weeks, and why not? C'est la vie! I said 4-6 days late. Don't hurt me. :) Send some of these easy pregnancy vibes of yours my way-- I'm going to want them come July...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Can't believe you're in the final stretch. So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i plan to be the kind of mean mom who doesn't even put batteries in those things. the kid's gonna need therapy, but everybody needs therapy for something, right?

    i guess whatever number of days puts you at 12/18, because that's sugar's birthday, and she turned out pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i said 4-6.. thats what usually happens. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. definitely looks like you dropped but you still look great! enjoy your last few days as much as you can. i'm waiting myself for my twins so i can appreciate the anticipation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy due date! The anticipation is killing me...hope you are comfortable and distracted. Good luck good luck good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful belly!!! It sure does look like there has been some changes the last few days!!! Enjoy the remaining preggo time!! Can't wait for more updates!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. whoo-hoo! You look great.

    ps - As a Dec 20 baby, I can tell you that Christmas birthdays suck. But what are you gonna do?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking good! I say 4-6 days. So...maybe next Friday? That's my guess. Good luck, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm rooting for 12/18!! Hope you're not too uncomfortable yet, it's very soon! That's a big beautiful belly :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks everyone. I guess it will happen...eventually! Still no sign today :( Poppy-- I accidentally deleted your last comment and can't get it back :( Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  14. so exciting! Hope Speetus doesn't keep you waiting too long. I was two weeks late myself - not recommended, according to my mum! Take care & hope it all goes beautifully! xxxh

    ReplyDelete
  15. CD&SP: I just went back and read your posts from your due date & beyond....so funny: I feel just like that! I keep updating my gchat status (I don't do FB) so people know: "Nothin' yet!" I am ready to go as long as I have to, but jeez, it gets rough when I am looking for any little sign that SOMETHING is going to happen sometime....

    BTW Speedy & I are looking at a place just outside of Amherst :) We may be uprooting a lot sooner than we initially thought....

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Troll Control. Your genuine thoughts are welcome. Please be patient if your comment doesn't appear immediately. I may be otherwise occupied.