Things appear to be moving...
Before I got out of bed this morning, Pokus and I had a talk about wielding control effectively. As a fellow control freak, I had to impart the first hard lesson: do not overplay your hand, lest you cede all. I thinks/he may have been listening. Fingers crossed!
The bloody show was definitely plug-related and not just an angry cervix from the unsuccessful membrane sweep on Tuesday (I was not dilated enough to even have a sweep-- just a very uncomfortable exam.) I had a scan. All is fine-- the fluid has dropped somewhat but is still well within acceptable numbers, and my uterus is increasingly "irritable"-- as am I, I might add. I am quite crampy and am looking forward to spendy a couple of hours on the couch with a book.
I talked to the midwife, who was heartened to hear about the blood & mucus (lovely), and am hoping that the 24-hour predictions are right, even though it may well mean spending this weekend in the hospital while my family perches uncomfortably on the pink pleather hospital furniture around me.
Acupuncture this afternoon. Acupuncture and black cohosh.
Speedy & I went to see the King's Speech last night-- it was a wonderful movie-- I highly recommend!
Apparently, trying to fit in a booth at Outback Steak House is a surefire way to go into labor.... happened to two people I know. You don't even have to eat there, you just have to try to fit in the booth.... may be worth a trip to the 'burbs.....
ReplyDeleteI bet you're thrilled to see that bloody show. The games have begun now! Don't miss out on the significance of the cramps either. The beginning contrations felt exactly like cramps for me. Maybe your body is warming up right now?
ReplyDeleteI'll be stalking!
Sounds like early labor is underway. Pokus clearly wanted to have a holiday birthday! Good luck, we're all rooting for you!
ReplyDeleteCome on Pokus!! Your mommies are anticipating your arrival. Keeping my fingers crossed that your little one will be here very soon. Im SO excited for you both!!!!
ReplyDeleteSo exciting! Happy birthing to you!
ReplyDeleteExcellent...hopefully this is the night. :)
ReplyDeleteCramps sound promising! Who knows- by now you may be in the throws of full-on labor! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteThis does sound promising! Here's to hoping you're breathing through contractions as I type...
ReplyDelete