Thursday, December 16, 2010

Last place, not done

I knew it!  Congratulations to the Ruby & Rose for the birth of their baby Gray!  This officially puts me in the last place among the blogger cohort who conceived within a week of each other last March.  That's ok.  I can handle it.  Speedy, Speetus & I are going to the zoo today to see the baby aardvark.
Baby aardvark Hoover takes a stroll with mom Dora at the Bronx Zoo. After a rocky start for the first-time mom, all is well.

Maybe being an hour from home & hospital will prompt Speetus into some overdue action!

15 comments:

  1. While a baby aardvark is pretty darn cute, we just really wish Speetus would make his appearance..... let him know that, would ya?
    (yes, I think he's a boy)

    ReplyDelete
  2. baby.
    ardvark.

    that is all.

    (surely my three-year-old buddy needs a trip to the zoo soon....)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not a race! Although I won't lie--I'm glad to not be preggo anymore but thrilled that this means that YOU'RE NEXT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're waiting for you now! Come on Speetus!
    I love that you are visiting baby aardvarks today.
    I still contend you're going on the 18th ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is that baby aardvark! Gah, what did I guess last time, the 13th? How about the 17th? That sounds like a perfect date. 12-17-10? Not bad... Good luck, hon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, the moon is waxing...supposedly that helps. Also, spicy food and a good storm (my midwife swore by the latter one.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I hate to do this to you, but now I'm pulling for Monday (my birthday!). Puffer's babies were born on V's birthday, so why not? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adventures, that's just mean! But as long it's before the dreaded induction deadline I will take it. In the meantime, Speetus has a new name: Pokus.

    And, no, the zoo did not prompt any exciting changes at all, and all we saw of the aardvark was its tail. Oh well...

    I did see a onesie that I totally wanted to get for you: A little cartoon skunk and the caption, "Little Stinker". But they only had one, and it was in pink :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Shroe! It can't be much longer for you now! Come on, Pokus, show us your face!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how perfect. Thanks for thinking of us!

    Sorry the zoo didn't help. Pokus is just way too comfy in there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. baby aardvark!! Thank you - has improved my Friday afternoon immensely. For my own selfish convenience, I do hope Speetus arrives before we set sail on Monday morning! Come on little one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pokus, I mean!

    (I have to say, I enjoy this new 'nom de womb' better than the other one. No disrespect to Speedy of course, but Pokus is hilarious)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pokus is a good nickname. I've always felt Speetus was a boy and his taking his time in arriving (boys develop more slowly, remember) only adds to my suspicions. Still, I hope it is SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hoping the silence means Pokus has made a move… Looking forward to the next update.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Troll Control. Your genuine thoughts are welcome. Please be patient if your comment doesn't appear immediately. I may be otherwise occupied.