Thursday, March 4, 2010

TTC update & Linky Love

I'm sorry. This was a bit of a tease. There is no update. There is no ttc right now, because guess who has gone missing? Skipped town, AWOL, not to be seen anywhere. That old bitch.

I know I should be kinder, more gentle to my body, but every day that ticks by without a sign of my cycle starting a new is another day I am in m/c limbo. I went to acupuncture today and had 13 needles in various points to realign my whacked-out chi for an hour, with the intention of "returning the flow." My acupuncturist looked at my tongue and felt my pulses and said with confidence, "Oh yeah. Any day now." But I feel nothing. No sore tatas, no backache, no extra-special zit.

Although, I have to say that if I learned anything from the m/c it was that I don't know my body very well. Not only was I utterly convinced I was not pregnant from the day after the IUI, but even in retrospect I had no identifiable symptoms. MAYBE, just maybe some uterine twinges, but I chalked them up to the wired effects of progesterone and they may well have been. NO tender tits, NO weird dreams, NO fatigue, food cravings, enhanced sense of smell, NO nothing. Maybe I am not being fair. Maybe I am one of those women who gets no symptoms at all in early pregnancy, which means all those tww mind games are less than meaningless to me.

So maybe I am about to bleed after all. Maybe. In the meantime I have received a very big envelope from Aetna saying thanks very much for your appeal, but because you are in a same-sex couple, we categorically deny you. Period.

I can appeal again, for an "independent review" (and I will), but no part of me believes that the review is in fact independent or that the results will be any different. Speedy & I are lucky that we can go out of pocket for this stuff, but it makes me feel slightly desperate for it to work sooner rather than later. Alas, there's no logical wrangling to be had with my uterus and what it does or does not decide to grow.

There's so much good news in blogland lately. I am so happy for everyone. Libberal's journey has commenced. Poppy is out of the worrisome first trimester. Ruby is all geared up for IVF (covered by insurance, whoo-hoo!) Cindyhoo has five fab ferties. And Tireegal got a a double dose of lucky and happy, and Adventures in is for a big adventure. Trust me, there is more good news to go around and I just wanted to wish everyone the best. I've also got my fingers crossed for Robbie & Trina whose post-IVF ride has been a bit of a roller coaster, but looking good.

I really, really want to jump back in there with everyone. But first: tomorrow I am making lemon cheesecake for Speedymom's 83rd birthday. So, for now it's just more food posts. I'll let y'all know when and if that bitch comes back to town. Meanwhile I'll try to get Speedy to take video of me zesting lemons and creaming cream cheese.

10 comments:

  1. Ugh, Aetna. I have a string of expletives for them, you can fill in the blanks. What a bunch of a$%holes.

    I am glad to hear everyone's good news, though. And I do look forward to the food posts. Mmmm, cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :(

    I'm sorry about Aetna and about the bitch not coming back, Schroe. Acupuncture should help with the second part of that, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, you mentioned me on your blog! ;) Thanks for cheering - I'm really excited.

    I don't understand how Aetna can deny you. Like, forever? They don't even have a policy that says they will cover you after a certain number of tries (usually 6 or 12) out of pocket? Maybe it's because I live in Mass and Mass has different IF laws, but I know they cover you here after a certain number of tries. Hopefully it will work for you before 6, but it's nice to know that it's available if it takes longer. Oh, I'm so sorry Shroe. They, along with everyone else who works for an insurance agency, are going to hell.

    Even if they would cover you after 12, if you can afford IVF I would go ahead and do it rather than potentially drop $20,000 on repeated IUI cycles. That was my plan before my insurance switch and it sounds like it's your plan as well. Btw, I just talked to my doctor and one of the reasons they do 3-day transfers instead of 5 or 6 is because they are able to freeze more embryos that way and the overall (1 fresh cycle + FET) rate is higher for women our age. The cost of a FET is about a third of IVF. I'm probably getting ahead of myself, but something to think about when considering finances...

    Hope AF arrives pronto!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your bitch & asshole problems. What is WITH your company, seriously? Are none of them normal human beings? Rar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i hope AF shows soon. i was all out-of-whack after my m/c too, it totally screws everything up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about your insurance. Seriously, insurance companies are the devil. I am pretty darn sure of it.
    We are having the same situation about the pressure of having this work sooner rather than later. I guess I just didn't think it would take this long, and so the cost does add up quickly. Which doesnt help the stress level, and stress levels being high lowers your chances of getting preggers.
    Vicious cycle, I tell ya.
    I wished you lived closer! Your food looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sittin here waiting for the ole bitch myself. Maybe were syncing up again and can take on the next cycle at the same time. :)
    As for evil insurance nightmare...even if they continue to deny you, you should continue to appeal. If not anything else, make the paperwork hell for them and just don't go away. Persistance can sometimes be super annoying for those folks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks so much for the linky love!!!!
    As for the biotch Auntie - that is sucky!
    Aetna - well, we all know that they suck and are discriminating and one day we'll all get our money back and then some when they get sued!
    But in the meantime keep your receipts and keep calm.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. AF is such a nasty bitch. Shows up when you don't want her, and then stays away when you need her most. Sorry to hear about the a-holes at Aetna. Will they cover you after a certain number of failed cycles? I had to pay for 6 out of pocket with bc/bs, but then they covered me because I had "proven infertility".

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aagghhhh. The things you guys have to put up with - all that insurance stuff! As if it is any of their business who you are in a relationship with.

    Hope your appeal goes well!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Troll Control. Your genuine thoughts are welcome. Please be patient if your comment doesn't appear immediately. I may be otherwise occupied.