Monday, March 15, 2010

CD 9 and Weekend Update

**UPDATE**
Reprieve: I got the call to hold off the HCG shot today. Another 5 a.m. morning tomorrow to see where the follies stand. This puts me back on track for my (purely arbitrary) "ideal" schedule. And gives me another day to rub the fertility statue.

*****************************************

Well, Speedy and I have a lovely weekend-- well, Sunday, actually, since she worked on Saturday. I spent Saturday pre-cooking an all-from-scratch mediterranean feast for friends on Sunday. It was raining and cold and the wind was strong enough to drive the rain horizontally, so it was a good day to stay in. I did manage to take the dogs (blithely oblivious to the weather as they are) out for a good hour in the park, dressed head-to-toe in rubberized gear, until I got nervous that we'd be killed by a falling tree limb (an abiding fear I have after spending more than a year in various rain forests where it is a real and always present threat.)

On Sunday we had the aforementioned mediterranean feast (homemade falafel, flatbread, baba ghanoush, Israeli salad, and sweet potato fries with lemon tea bread for dessert-- photos, recipes coming) and then went to the gym for a couple or sweaty hours before returning home and watching "Sunshine Cleaning" which was cute but was one of those movies that takes a long time to start going and then wraps up much too quickly, like the budget got cut and they just had to finish the damn thing.

Today is CD 9. I had been really happy that this cycle was progressing JUST like the almost-was cycle, but today after my check (2 follies L: one 15-16-ish, one a weird lopsided 20x16; 1 R, a nice round 15-ish) they sent me home with a trigger and instructions to call in to find out if I should use it or not. This would put me a day ahead of my imagined "perfect timing"-- which would be triggering Tuesday night and inseminating Thursday. I know every cycle is different, but I was really hoping for a perfect do-over.

Sigh. I hate that fat lopsided one. I had one like that last time, and I am convinced it was the dud.

I'm calling in after 1 today for further instructions after they review my b/w and decide whether I should use the trigger or not (it currently sits in a drawer alongside little bitty half-and-half containers and salad dressing in the communal work fridge). Tomorrow I will ask for the good doctor and hopefully she will tell me what is going on. None of the other ones seem to want to explain anything. I think the good doctor, who confessed to me & Speedy back in Jan that she was trying to get pregnant, is now indeed pregnant. Good for her, but she has to knock ME up now.

7 comments:

  1. Good luck with the trigger. I hope it turns out to be the timing you want. I'm mentally sending you very positive timing and follicle thoughts from over here on the west coast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, they may give you another day to let them grow. And if so, then maybe you'll get your perfect timing after all. Here's hoping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the big one might be ready to pop sooner than perfect timing would lead you to expect. Good luck, hon. Believe me, I know how nerve-wracking the timing thing gets to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. eh, I never put alot of faith in perfect timing -- or at least, i should say, i USED to, but even with perfect timing, there seems to be other things at play. Good luck! I am sure it will be "perfect timing" reguardless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems like we are really syncing up now. I have my U/S follie check today and expect the doc will want to trigger also.
    Perfect timing really is just knowing when those follicles are about to bust through and having that sperm ready. :) Your body is just anxious to grow that egg.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like things are progressing nicely! ill keep my fingers crossed :)

    hope you can talk with your fav doc and get your questions answered.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read this after your update and am glad your mind will be put at ease with the timing you'd hoped for. Three follies! That's great. Good luck, good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Troll Control. Your genuine thoughts are welcome. Please be patient if your comment doesn't appear immediately. I may be otherwise occupied.