Thursday, March 25, 2010

Sugar Doll. Yeah, That's me!



Thanks, Gayby, for the Sugar Doll Award :) The rules are: I say ten random things about me, and tag ten other wonderful ladies to do the same thing ad infinitum. Spread the wealth! So here goes:

1) I was the kid who always barfed on the bus during field trips.

2) When I was in middle school I had braces for two years. They weren't the normal ones that attach with a wire, no. These were thick ribbons of metal wrapped around my teeth. I also had headgear and a bad perm. And then a mullet.

3) I went to an all-girls Quaker school during that period and became severely anorexic.

4) I slept with girls for ten years before thinking that hmm, maybe I might be gay.

5) My fourth toe (the one next to the pinky) is longer than all of the others. Speedy says my feet look like they were made out of clay. By a third-grader.

6) I often cry at movies but never let anyone catch me.

7) I would rather get up at four than stay out till four, although at one point I spent much of my life doing the latter.

8) I am not scared of snakes or spiders or rats but cockroaches send me into a panic.

9) Gayby, I am not joking: ABBA's "Take a Chance on Me" has been my alarm clock music for several months. Creeeepy!

10) When I wake up it will be 9dpo and I will still not know what is in Schrodinger's womb.

I would like to tag....

Breathe, Dragon
Happy-Go-Lucky
Cookin' Up a Baby
Two Chicks 1 Hatchling
Little Pomegranate
Two Women Hoping for Two Beans
Love Invents Us
10 Stix 2 Weeks Repeat
Adventures in Babymaking
Insert Metaphor

(and everyone else who wants in!)

11 comments:

  1. 9dpo means you are only 3 days away from 12dpo and a bfp! I really think we should be able to go into a coma for the 2ww.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh, why are cockroaches so awful!? i had one run across my lap at work once and couldnt go back into my office for over a week. seriously. ugh.

    good luck with the rest of your tww!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on #6. Thanks for tagging me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey sugar, thanks for the tag! I'll be sure to hit it when I need a distraction from the 11DW.

    When I was in the 4th grade my teacher passed out the lyrics to "Take a Chance On Me" with some of the words left blank and play it over and over until we knew all the words. That's a good song.

    9dpo - getting close!

    ReplyDelete
  5. #4 is so hilarious. so true for me, too. okay, not quite 10 years, but i remember telling my roommate in college freshman year that i wasn't gay, just dating this girl...

    i'm not sure if that's classic cognitive dissonance or just denial. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you on the roaches but we diverge on rats. Snakes are fine. Big fat city rats give me the heebie jeebies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really, it's remarkable that any of us survived adolescence. :) I would so rather get up at 4:00, too. 11:00 is pretty late for us anymore...

    9 days! You're so close! You will make it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - I completely missed my name on that list!!!!!
    Wow - interesting factoids. We are more than the sum of our school-days thank god!
    I went to an all girls quaker boarding school where I found out I was a lesbian - although I didn't put a name to it till - oh - about a year later!
    I tell you what is worse than cockroaches!
    Bed bugs!!!!
    They are even more persistent than roaches and can live forever with no food!!!!!
    Thanks for the award m'dear!
    THinking happy pregnancy vibes in your direction!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these! I'm with you on #4, all the way. And also on the cockroaches thing. I live in south TX where they are really terribly huge.

    Good luck for the rest of the 2ww - will be checking in eagerly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, thanks for the add. I'm glad I'm not the only one in the world to put on my deodorant with one hand!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the podcast suggestions. I will check them out. I used to listen to Maddow/ Olberman religiously but lately I don't even wanna know what the teabaggers are up to.

    Which ones do you listen to?

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Troll Control. Your genuine thoughts are welcome. Please be patient if your comment doesn't appear immediately. I may be otherwise occupied.