So AF, apparently sick of my badmouthing her, appeared with a vengeance yesterday. In keeping with the fine bloggy tradition of TMI: It has been the heaviest, clottiest, messiest period I have has since my post-surgical blood flood back in July (which happened when I was driving myself and the dogs back from Vermont-- seven hours on largely desolate highways, and I had to change those ultra huge dildo-sized tampons every two hours and STILL bled through my pants onto the leather seats.) This time is not much better. I'm talking every 2.5 hours and waking in a sea of sticky blood. Speedy suggested that I sleep with one of those hospital pads under me, and she may have been right. Instead I spent 20 minutes scrubbing the sheets and mattress pad with Shout this morning.
This means I have an AWESOME lining, right? I called in to the RE's office to start anew.
In response to those who have asked about whether my insurance would cover IUIs after a certain number, in short: yes. I could get covered after 6 tries, but our plan is to give it 2-3 more shots and then go straight to IVF, so it's a moot point. My outrage stems primarily from the fact that I believe if I HADN'T said I had a female partner I would have been covered, no further questions. That, and my old insurance didn't blink. It just feels like a giant "F-U" but it is really just business as usual for the insurance companies.
Speedy's sister actually works in the legal department of one of the Big Ones, writing up the fine print that let's them get out of paying for things. It is kind of a mindfuck knowing her and the fact that she's not a monster, just doin' her job...
Oh, and the lemon cheesecake was really, truly fantastic. MAJOR points to me in the eyes of Speedymom, who was delighted to learn that I had stayed up until 12:30 the night before making it. Pics and recipe coming soon.
Man that AF can suck when she wants to...what a bitch. Good news though, on starting up again! Can't wait to see the next food installation.
ReplyDeleteverification word: palkalia. Translation; One Who Bleeds Heavily in Aa'ki. :)
I don't think it was your fault for saying you had a female partner. I'm sure they would have found out or had you been assumed single received the same treatment. Don't beat yourself up over it. The fine print is EVIL. We've encountered it 3x during the TTC/pregnancy process and it's a bitch. Insurance sounds so good until you try to actually claim it and then you get a big fat decline!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with this cycle!! (:
What a witch for making you bleed so much! A note of help - just in case there is blood on your bed again - poor peroxide on the spot and dab with a clean cloth - the blood will be disappear.
ReplyDeleteGood luck on your cycle! I'll be rooting for you! ;)
glad to hear af showed and you are ready to roll again! (though, it sucks she had to show up with such force!)
ReplyDeleteinsurance companies are awful. seriously. mine covered nothing for fertility treatment - its so f'ing unfair.
I hear ya about the insurance. Mine has the same policy of covering after 6 tries, except what they say is that if you're over 35 they cover it after you've been trying at home for 6 months. So I'm convinced the only reason they didn't is because somewhere in my chart is says I'm a lesbian. Totally sucks.
ReplyDeleteGlad AF arrived so that you're able to move on. Sorry she was being so damn dramatic!
Glad AF arrived. I'm only one day into our break and already anxious to get started again!
ReplyDeleteRegarding how heavy the flow is, Tam and I sleep with towels under us on days like that. I think that will be tonight for me.
I'm excited for your new cycle, in any case!
Love that AF river! The same happened to me when I got my period after our first and unsuccessful embryo transfer. My lining must have been fricking awesome - and the couch got to know all about how awesome it was too!
ReplyDeleteI guess pads are a no- no?
If not, I second speedy's suggestion.
Yup, you're on yer way!
I have to admit, I'm envious of the awesomeness which is your former lining. :) I dream of that kind of period now a days. Crazy, I know.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you're back on track though! Me too. Today is 1st U/S for me.
I wish both of us fantatic luck this cycle.
AF heard you badmouth her. She is a vengeful relative. But good news that it is TTC time again.
ReplyDeleteI also woould have told the truth to the insurance company, being certain that karma would have bit me in the ass otherwise.
AF can be such a bitch sometimes. Especially when she knows you don't want to see her. I'm sorry she reared her ugly head.
ReplyDeleteAnd I don't think that telling your insurance company that you have a female partner has anything to do with how utterly assholic they are.
I've had many a period like that one and they are brutal.
ReplyDeleteInsurance companies are evil scum. I can't quite imagine having a family member who is employed by one. That is complicated. Don't beat yourself up about it--they would have found a way to deny you coverage no matter what. That, I believe, is in their effing job description!
I'm so glad AF came and you can start again.
ReplyDeleteI have so much sympathy for the fucked up insurance situation. Man, sometimes I think we need to burn this country down and start over (figuratively).
Here's to brighter days!
I guess the only good thing is that she finally showed up so you can get on with things...I totally believe a BAD AF = a GREAT cycle. Giddy-up!
ReplyDeleteIsn't it effed up that you don't want AF, then when you're ttc, you want it to come, then you want it to stay away. Never seems to mind what you want, though, does it? Blah. Anyway, happy to hear it showed!
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to hearing more about the lemon cheesecake! Sounds heavenly. :)
I hear you sister! I will be quite happy to throw my ute out with the rubbish once I've finished with it. Good to know that you are back on the train again - looking forward to hearing how the ride goes
ReplyDelete