Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Outlook Not So Good

Damn that Magic Eight Ball. It looks like this cycle is going to be a bust. Started spotting this afternoon. Going in for the beta tomorrow anyway, because I learned my lesson last time (and because it's part of what I pay for) But I can see that fat bitch climbing up onstage from here.

C'est la vie. I have no right to cry. Better luck next time. Au revoir 2010 tax break, hello 2011 bambino.

Shit. I just realized this means I probably won't get out of going to my parents' house for Christmas. Hopefully, by that time I will be heavily gravid, though.

16 comments:

  1. FUCK!

    I hate this news.

    You have every right to cry, so cry if you need to.

    I'm sorry, Shroe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that stinks. You’re right, though, last cycle definitely showed us all that you never know. I know exactly how you feel about the changing of the year for the due date. We felt that way about this time last year, when we realized that we wouldn’t have a 2009 baby. And when we were nervous about the ivf, I think I had calculated that if we needed another cycle, we might be into 2011. A month doesn’t matter, but it sure feels that way, doesn’t it? Well, okay, the tax credit helps, but that wasn’t even my big concern. It’s all mental.

    I’m still hopeful for tomorrow’s outcome.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. shit. im sorry.

    i love that you were already thinking of how to use the pregnancy to get out of a family gathering -- i do that too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blahhhh. I'm starting to hate that magic 8 ball.

    I'm sorry it's not looking good for a 2010 baby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That totally and completely sucks ass.
    I am so very sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. :(

    Don't sell yourself short. You have a right to be sad. It's okay.

    I know that feeling of wanting a "200X" baby and the devastation you feel when you realize you've just turned over a new calendar year. It really sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still hoping for you for tomorrow, just in case. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I say it ain't over till the fat lady sings....as we (and many others out there know) spotting alone does not a period make.
    If this is a bust, then shit. I'm sorry.
    But until AF rears her ugly mug, I'm still holdin out.
    Thinking of you, xoxoxox.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm holding onto hope yet, Schroe! Spotting can still be burrowing embryo...
    Kick that fat lady before she mounts the stairs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sorry. Its not fair and it SUX! I agree with you about going for blood work though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My fingers are crossed for you. Here's hoping that this is still your month.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well that sucks! I hope your next cycle is a success! Here's to the 2011 tax break - I mean... baby! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Down with the Magic 8 Ball! I'm on board with holding out hope til you know for sure, but really sad for you if this isn't the one. Sending lots of hope for good blood test news.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree with 2Chicks, it could be implantation bleeding!!!! Don't give up hope!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Troll Control. Your genuine thoughts are welcome. Please be patient if your comment doesn't appear immediately. I may be otherwise occupied.