I just got a call from She Who Does Not Blog, and SWDNB requested that I kindly update my blog, with, if nothing else, the recipes I've been cooking up of late. I will do so as soon as I grab the photos off Speedy's camera. There are three I would like to share with you:
*The Leek Tart that I made for Speedy's 46th birthday (per request)-- a recipe adapted from Deborah Madison's Greens Cookbook;
*The Moroccan Tagine that Speedy made on a weeknight that was delightful and different: no garlic, no thyme! Cous cous, cinnamon, cardamon and dried apricots!
*The Jap Chae that I made for the third year in a row for seder at our dear friends' apartment. The prep takes a solid three hours but it is SO worth it in the end (especially if you are not wildly fond of Passover food.)
So there. I have written and thus committed to posting.
As of now, 12dpIUI there is no news. No obvious symptoms of any sort. Nothing but waiting. I hesitate to even write these things, as if the confession of the desire to be pregnant might incite the fates' fury and spite. No news, so far. Everything could change tomorrow. And on Thursday I go in for a beta. I promise, as soon as there is anything to report I will report it.
In blog maintenance news: Randomly, I have been hit with an error (bX-gc7okd) when trying to post comments. If you don't see your comment appear, it's because Google hates you, not me. (Just Kidding, Adventures! I'm sure Google likes you just fine.) I will keep trying.
So, I'm trying to balance hope and despair over here. And cooking up some cauliflower & leek au gratin for my sweets while I am at it.
Mmmmmm those sound tasty. Please do include the pictures as well. I can't help but be visual in my recipe choosings. :)
ReplyDeleteJust remember, you hadn't noticed any symptoms last time around. In fact, you down right seemed convinced you weren't pregnant! Doesn't really matter what torture we put ourselves through, does it? Bring on the blood tests. Masochists that we are.
Btw, dragon cake is now posted. :)
Oh I see how it is, Google. Well how would you like it if I started using BING?? (Bing will never be a verb, will it? No one will ever say they’re going to “bing” something)
ReplyDeleteI have Religulous at home via Netflix, but we haven’t watched yet. I thought today was 14 dpo for some reason and I was all anxious to get in to work to check for an update. Tomorrow, right?
mmmm… jap chae…
I was hit with the same error yesterday when posting comments. I just closed out and went back into my blog to find that my comments did post!
ReplyDelete12dpIUI - wow! Almost done. I can't wait to hear the numbers from the beta!
2C1H-- Beautiful cake! Thanks for your pep talk ;-)
ReplyDeleteAdventures-- you were right to think that today was the Big Day because I miscounted in an earlier post. Drrr! Nothing like going through a day thinking it's Friday and then remembering itis actually Thursday...
2MWAP-- Thank you so much for your faith. Only time will tell (~28h and counting...)
This has been the WORST tww so far, and if there is a next time I have to get back to me busy-making lists for real. There's a garden to plant and a deck to demolish.
A leek tart...I'm intrigued!
ReplyDeleteSo so so hoping for good news in a day or two :)
You are the queen of self-control! I can't wait to check in tomorrow for news. I'm sorry this TWW has sucked so much. I feel like I forget every time I'm about to enter a TWW how bad it was the last time. Time. Just. Crawls. Sending you lots of hope for tomorrow!
ReplyDelete