***UPDATE***
Call from clinic: Dr. Big has decided that my bloodwork is lagging a bit and wants me to hold off on the trigger tonight. I will go in tomorrow for another check and probably trigger tomorrow night for a Friday insem. I am fine with that; with the constant monitoring I am not worried about ovulating too early, and I like the idea of letting everything marinate a bit longer.
********************************************
Ha! Why do I put these posts up? Mainly for "post"-erity, truly (sorry!) Feel no need to comment on the awesomeness of my follicle growth... I just want to have something to look back at for the next time (if there is one, although of course we hope not.) I want to perfect the follicular formula like I have the falafel recipe I have yet to post (but my gawd, THAT sh*t is fantastic! It will be worth the wait, promise.) I want my repro progress to be perfectly replicable and predictable.
However, ovaries are more like bread than falafel (hence the ever-so-annoying "bun in the oven" expression?) and their awesomeness is linked to any number of vagaries including but not limited to the weather, my mood, the strength of sunlight, my hours at the gym, brand of toothpaste, daily H20 intake and whatever else. Too. Many. Variables. (If I were a lab rat I would be knocked up by now.)
Anyway, today's triggerable follicle count is 2: one L 19, one R 20. This pleases Dr. Good who told me to call back this afternoon but she was 99% sure that she'd have me trigger at 10 tonight. I'll go in again tomorrow for an ultrasound just to check if ovulation is in process, in which case we will inseminate then, but in all likelihood insem day will be Thursday which would give me my perfect do-over of January's lost cycle.
sounds perfect!! wishing you lots of luck!
ReplyDeleteYou only need them to be 18mm,so your close enough to trigger and get a mature egg.
ReplyDeleteRemember 24-36. What was the exact time of insem the last time?
The insem last time was 34h post trigger and follicles were comparable. I am comfortable with the timing... If I trigger tonight they will scan me tomorrow to make sure I didn't ovulate on my own... otherwise I get my 34h insemination on Thurs. With Jacques :)
ReplyDeleteI have my fingers crossed for you!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI really need to find an RE who does things the way yours does. I'm still pissy about the insemination timing last month. I want more monitoring, dammit!
ReplyDeleteOh, and my fingers are so crossed for you. I hope this is the one that sticks!
BTW, looks like you and the 2 chicks will be on the same TWW this month.
2 follies sounds great and I agree that another day to grow sounds like just the thing Sending you much luck for this cycle!!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like things are timing up nicely for you. I have everything that I can cross, crossed for you. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteThis is our month Schroe - all variables are lining up (commence positive thinking).
ReplyDeleteEven the TWW for both of us is lined up. :)
I'm wishing you large, cylindrical follicles and a perfectly timed insem for Thursday.
It all sounds good - I'm so excited for you guys. Come on, cycle, come on. Btw and believe it or not, I am anxiously awaiting this famous falafel recipe. I've tried it a few times (homemade fal.) and I can't seem to get it right! I am loving your cooking posts. Also your TTC posts, obviously. :)
ReplyDelete