First off, BIG NEWS in Blogland!!!
A HUGE congrats to two wonderful ladies, Cindy a TTC veteran, and Libby, a first-timer both got big fat double lines!! That just makes me so very happy for you both :)
Now. Yesterday I got the call to hold off on the trigger last night and instead do two more vials of Folli.stim. This brings the total usage to 9 days this cycle (as opposed to 8 days the last two cycles.) This morning I had not two, but three fat follies, two 20x16-ish and one 17-ish and nicely round. My lining was 7.76, which I am not sure what that means, good or bad-- I haven't been tracking. Anyway, Dr. Good was in surgery, so I got Dr. Cold who consulted with Dr. Big and they decided they wanted to trigger me this morning and have me come in tomorrow morning-- 24h-- for an IUI. But we insisted on talking to Dr. Big and asking about the timing. We had a 34h window last time and it worked, we said. Why go back to 24? It turns out that Dr. Big forgot that the cycle had worked last time, and ultimately agreed to do the last possible IUI tomorrow afternoon, at 2 (30h). Dr. Big believes that frozen sperm lives a long time (more than 24h) and also likes to inseminate before ovulation so that the sperm is "waiting" for the egg, though that still doesn't make sense to me. The egg, after all, has a longer window than the sperm, and therefore is less of a critical timing factor. Anyway. I am ok with 30h. I would prefer 34, but I am giving my body an extra shot of Follis.tim and an extra 6 hours or so to to compensate-- maybe I will ovulate a bit earlier this time. Maybe the trigger will work a bit faster. Maybe everything will line up perfectly and it will all work out. But that's how it's going down, and then there will be nothing left to do but wait.
At least I am in good company.
P.S. Ex, whose partner is 26 weeks just went in for a second anatomy scan after the first revealed a small head. The second revealed the head was in the 2%ile range; the rest of the body at 12-14%ile range. They never did amnio because all other tests came out fine, but the mom is 41. How worried should they be? Does anyone know?
You want your lining at 8 and triple striped.
ReplyDeleteIf the mom is 41 they should have opted for either amnio or CVS.And imo every other test known and unknown to man.The older you are the higher your chances of chromosomal abnormalities.Over 40 and the risk CAN be high.SO can be treated in utero and some can't.
I wish your friends the best of luck.
M- Thanks for your answers! I should be at 8 by tomorrow afternoon for sure! Speedy and I both are grinning about this one for some reason. Hopefully we won't be disappointed.
ReplyDeleteUgh, I am so worried about them. They would have done the amnio, but mom has scar tissue that made the insertion of the needle next to impossible (she would have had to have general anesthesia, a whole other risk). The NT scan was good and there were no other indicators, but the 2%ile is -3SD from mean, and very scary. I don't know how much they should be alarmed, but I would be freaking out. KNowing them both fairly well, though, they would be very good parents to a special needs child. I just hope we don't have to find out.
Hey--good luck tomorrow. It sounds like your lining will be right on track. I have no info about your friends but I will be thinking about them and hoping for the best.
ReplyDeleteWay to grow juicy follies and advocate for yourself! Sounds like things are all lined up. Hope the IUI goes well and brings you success!
ReplyDeleteScary stuff for your friends...I'm quite sure I would be freaking out also. Hopefully, its just an isolated difference and will even out soon. I tend to think percentile stats might be just as arbitrary as political surveys. I've known many a smarty-pants that had a little head!
ReplyDeleteYay for 3 follies!! We truly are syncing up. Your 30 hour timing should still be right on.
With all the good news out there lately and springtime on the way...this should be baby-making season for us. :) I wish you the best of luck!!
Maybe this will be our lucky month together... wouldn't it be awesome to get to go through our pregnancies together? :)
ReplyDeleteThat's what I am hoping for! It would be great to be pregnancy buddies.
ReplyDeleteI am very much feeling the spring-pregnancy vibe for both you and 2C1H this go round. Congrats on the 3 follies and your 8 lining for tomorrow!!! Best thoughts being hurdled your way from Cally RIGHT NOW!
ReplyDeleteGood for you for advocating for yourself at the dr's office. Yay for nice juicy follies, and best of luck with the insemination.
ReplyDeleteYour friends will be in my thoughts--I hope all is okay with their babe.
Good luck - it sounds like things will line up nicely!
ReplyDeleteThanks!
ReplyDeleteThree follies sounds like a great chance this cycle and 30 hours after trigger= just about perfect.
So exciting.
Those are scary results for your ex. I have no idea what those results mean but that does not sound good. I am sending love and light to them and the little one.
good luck this go-round!
ReplyDeleteEverything sounds good - I think you *should* be smiling! It's serious hatchery time. I feel like everyone I know IRL and in the blogworld was having such a dry spell for a while, I began to believe that something was seriously wrong. But with all these BFPs, faith hath been restored! Here's to hoping this month is the one for both of us.
ReplyDeleteOooh, sounds like everything on on track this cycle! 30 hours sounds like a nice, happy medium. And I'm glad that another follie caught up - the more chances, the better. :)
ReplyDeleteI think this sounds great. Wishing you guys all the best this cycle!