Monday, April 5, 2010

Sigh of Relief, onto the next worry.

Well, my reserved elation over my BFP was soon entirely eclipsed by worries about not being symptomatic enough. You know how it is: no amount of logic and knowledge can offset the primal fear that lurks in all of us ttc'ers. I found out very quickly that conceiving just meant replacing one worry (will I get pregnant) with another (will I stay pregnant).

I took Adventures' brilliant advice. You know, they don't just give out doctorates for nothing! As suggested, I showed up at the clinic this a.m. full of doe-eyed innocence. "Oh you meant Thursday? But you said 'next week'-- I must have misunderstood!" And lo, they gave me a pity-beta just for showing up!

Today's number at 18dpo: 990 (I used to not understand why people posted these. Now I really do!)
Doubling time: 38.91
P4: >20
E2: 638
... I am still in the running!

Anyone who can explain the latter two number to me (I am at work, and have restricted Googling capacity) will have my endless gratitude.

Whew! Now excuse me: I have to start worrying about Thursday's scan.

23 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! Love it. Both the number and the fact that you just showed up anyway. Nice move. Can't wait for more good news to turn up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The E2 eludes me (we never got that one), but I think P4 is progesterone and over 20 is rockin'. Great beta! Definitely let this ease your mind-- you are full-on preggo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. arent you sneaky?! i love it! :D

    my clinic didnt give out those second numbers, so im no help there. the beta number is beautiful though, congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great numbers! I know estrogen is supposed to rise in pregnancy, and you need a threshold for progesterone to maintain a pregnancy - it's nice that they gave you a complete package of all the numbers. If the doc says it looks good, then it looks good! Stop worrying, it's bad for the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. E2 is Estradiol (estrogen) and P4 is progesterone (as Strawberry wrote). :)
    So glad you got your numbers! Thats a beautiful beta! I get mine later this afternoon. I hope mine is as good as yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have no idea what that means.. but i hope too one day!! lol.. i keep reading these codes and learning more each day.. haha..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great beta! Boy do I remember those worries. Sending anti-anxiety thoughts your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hell yeah - way to trick them into an earlier test. And fabulous, fabulous beta!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic news!!! Excellent doubling rate. Lady you are pregger for realz!

    ReplyDelete
  10. sorry to be behind but CONGRATS!!! yay!!! i am so happy for you lady :]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Score! Glad the sneak tactic worked. :)

    The funny thing is that V is reading this over my shoulder and I told her what my advice was. Now she's sitting here practicing blank stares, and it is cracking me up.

    Anyway, hurray! Those #s look great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not sure about why they would draw E2, but as people have said P4 is progesterone. Mine was 22 at 15dpo and the doc said that was excellent. I have been told that they want to see >15 on a medicated cycle.

    Yes, you are definitely pregnant!

    I get you on the part about the worry just changing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha - I love that trick. You are PREGNANT! I know no amount of saying that will make you stop worrying about the next steps, but...isn't it fun to keep hearing it? ;)

    Good luck with the days to come, and CONGRATS AGAIN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Way to work it mama! Good for you. The numbers are perfect and yes, you really do just trade one worry for the next.

    I don't know how to tell you this but you are TOTALLY pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think your numbers are good - and how nice of your clinic to give you all the numbers. Mine did too and I love information.
    You're right it's just from one kind of worrying to the next. I'm sure you'll feel like crap real soon and you'll get that you really are preggers! Feeling like crap is my friend - it helps me know I'm on course - but it didn't start for a while.
    Keep playing dumb with that clinic though - brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We have an E2 draw every visit. As long as it's over 300 you're good to go. Trina's is over 2000 now! Congrats on your great numbers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow....a person goes out of town and misses so much!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Your numbers look great. We are so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Seems like it's full steam ahead for the two of you! Congratulations!

    And the worrying never stops - my mum was so right, damn it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great Beta!!
    I'm not sure about the other numbers though!
    The worrying never ends... first it's the beta and symptoms, and then you'll be worried you're throwing up all of your pre-natals and good nutrients, and then you worry your belly isn't big enough and then you'll be bumping your HUGE belly into doors and counters and freaking out and then the baby comes and OMG.... it goes on and on. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  20. hey i had a dream last night that i met speedy in like a very small lobby, or maybe it was a stairwell, of an apartment building, and she introduced herself as wendy. i was thinking, "hmm, she doesn't look like a wendy to me." that's the last thing i remember before i woke up. isn't that bizarre? :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Adventures-- that is a hilarious dream! Speedy doesn't at all look like her real name, though, which is commonly associated with great aunts and senior homes (Think Ethel, Mildred, Edith, etc.)

    Hope all is well with you & the LSes!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Brilliant plan. I must admit, I used some minor spotting at 10 weeks as an excuse to get an extra ultrasound!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The numbers are great. I love the way you managed to get them! :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Troll Control. Your genuine thoughts are welcome. Please be patient if your comment doesn't appear immediately. I may be otherwise occupied.