I have to admit I am a little hazy on the math here, given the vagaries of "LMP" system by which the medical profession insists on estimating embryonic age, but suffice it to say by any measure, Speedyblob is trucking along. We heard the heart for the first time today. Still no rate-- I am beginning to suspect that the RE's office has somewhat crappy ultrasound machines-- but the doctor was very positive about it. She called it "very strong", pronounced me done, gave me & Speedy hugs, and sent us packing.
EDD: Sometime in mid-December, that's all I'm gonna say about that, a la Strawberry .
I will post a pic when my cell phone decides to behave. Am I the only one left without an iPhone? I really don't want that much functionality on my phone.
Sorry for the light blogging/commenting lately. My parents were in town over the weekend, and Speedy was not, which, combined with my not drinking-- I never realized how heavily my family relies on alcohol to tolerate each other: the first dinner, my father and brother each had six drinks!-- led to some rather unhappy days and the realization that my father is choosing not to accept Speedy & me as a couple or as family. And so. This will complicate things with Speedyblob, perhaps.
I am waiting for the second trimester to tell, though I think at this point I only want to tell my mother-- the news will filter out from her, and I won't have to deal with the reactions.
Good to hear from you. Glad that SB is growing well. Let’s go SB!
ReplyDeleteSuch a bummer about your folks. V’s mom haaates me. No, that isn’t the right word. Loathe, maybe. Is there something stronger than that? I guess that’s what I get for “turning” V gay 13 years ago… Anyway, I have to say that since she found out about the pregnancy, it looks like the tide might finally be turning. Her mom actually said my name a few weeks ago! Amazing, I know. So as unlikely as it may seem, they may react better than you think when SB arrives. I’m getting ahead of myself, though… jury is still out in our situation.
Have you picked an OB yet?
go speedyblob! Ugg, on the family front, W and I are so lucky that we both have amazing and supportive families. We werent going to tell them about this process until we actually got pregnant, but we have found it impossible not too, and while they have done a great jobs reserving their opinions, it has been nice to have thier support. Your family might surprise you once you let the cat out of the bag..
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear the little S-blob is trucking along. And thanks for the shout-out ;-)
ReplyDeleteVery sorry to hear that about your family. I'm hoping once they find out, they'll be able to deal with it and process more (ha!)...and hopefully things will turn around once little Speedy is in the picture. Sometimes families surprise us.
Congrats on graduating! Such good news. As for the family situation...tis the season, huh? Sorry to hear it, and of course also hoping that they'll surprise you (and themselves) when they see your tummy growing and realize there ain't no turning back.
ReplyDeletecongrats on your graduation!!
ReplyDeleteand sorry to hear about the parental situation. we are dealing with that (on my partner's side) and it can be so very hurtful. ((()))
Yes graduation! Congrats, Keely, Speedy and SB! I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I think if there is anything that's going to make a change of any sort, it would be a baby. So who knows? I got high hopes for this one..
ReplyDeleteIf there is any consulation about the folks situation, let it be that my father very much behaved in the same way until the second trimester. He told us that "children are not like pets. they never die. they never go away. ever." and even after we were pregnant, he told us all the time that he didnt think it was a good idea.
ReplyDeleteNOW -- he calls a few times a week, tells us that he is excited and has already started shopping for Baby Bunny.
I think sometimes it just takes some getting used to the idea, which sucks, but everyone comes to terms with it at their own time.
You have to just realize that they are his issues and are in no way a reflection of his love for you or his pending grandchild. Sometimes people are just stupid :-)
So glad to hear about the heartbeat - Speedyblob is real and kicking, woot. Sorry about your dad. We've got relatives like that - i.e. not accepting us as family. Pleasant to us, fine, tolerant, maybe, but not accepting. Uno's g-ma won't say my name, cried about the pregnancy, etc. But hey, our kids will be awesome, so it's them missing out.
ReplyDeleteYay for hearing S-blobby's heartbeat! I don't know how it went for you but the moment I heard it at our appt I was speechless and tearye-eyed.
ReplyDeleteI belive I already know your due date! I'm 99% sure its the same as mine..haha! If I recall, LMP was the same for you and I (as well as approximate insem dates). Still so crazy to think about.
Sorry about the crappy dad response. I had one of those also (he passed away). I'm hopeful for you though - babies change people so, so much.
I don't know if Speedyblob is the first grandchild, but in any case I'm sure a grandbaby will change the paternal attitude.
ReplyDeleteHearing your baby's heartbeat sounds like a beautiful moment. Congrats on another milestone.
What a bummer about your dad. I'm sorry to hear that. I hope he surprises you when the news comes. In the meantime, what a terrible feeling to have to carry. I'm sorry.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on graduating! Everything's looking good!
CONGRATS ON GRADUATING! that is so amazing. Its getting so real! I too think a grandchild may make your dad have a change of heart. Im sorry you even have to go through it though. Deb has the same fear about her dad, but he has no idea we are trying.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on graduating to the next level! Way to go speedyblob!
ReplyDeleteDon't worry too much about your folks. I've been there with mine and it seems that time heals all... and most of the time, a baby does too! Just do what's best for you, speedy, and speedyblob. It does suck tho, to know you're not receiving the support you deserve.
P.S. You are not the only one without a fancy phone. We are right there with you. :) Our phone only calls, texts, and takes pictures - crazy that those type of phones still exist. lol
First--congrats on the graduation. Awesome news. I knew this was a sticky one.
ReplyDeleteSecond--it makes me so sad and disgusted to think of how many of us know announcing a pregnancy will not bring the appropriately joyous response from some family members. I'm so sorry that is the case with you. As many others have commented, babies tend to work a little magic and people can and do shift. So I hope that it goes better than you expect and continues to surprise you.
Congratulations on graduating!
ReplyDeletethat was fast!
I know, that whole calculating the due date seems like voodoo to me.
At least it makes you sound more pregnant than you can possibly be - which is fun - but then you get the whole ten months' of pregnancy lark that no-one warns you about!
So sorry about your dad and his negative personality and ways. Boo hiss!
I hope that if he doesn't come around ( which I bet he will - though of course I have never met him so I may be being overly optimistic!) the rest of yours and Speedy's families will make up for it!
Can't wait to hear the continuing story of Speedybaby!
Congratulations on graduating! Did you get a cap and gown? Because you totally should.
ReplyDeleteAlso, sorry your dad is being... well, the way he's being. It sucks. Hopefully he'll come around?