
*Updated with photo on request* (sorry about the poor quality cell phone photo.)
Speedy is away on
I am with Speedyblob. Sans Speedy.
This may be somewhat pathetic, but because we have an abundance of chores and obligations, the absence of one partner truly creates not just an emotional void, and a nighttime snuggling void, but a real honest-to-god void in places like the fridge. And breakfast. And my lunchtime sandwich surprises.
But all is well here, if a little lacking in the food and love departments.
And holy crap! I *almost* graduated, but then the doctor changed her mind and asked me to come back "one more time" to check not on anything with Speedyblob, but my oversized ovaries. I think she's worried about me getting cystic, though from what I understand this falls into the category of no big deal.
I'm sorry you are little hungry and a little lonely, but at least you have speedyblob to keep you company!
ReplyDeleteI'm sure Speedy is missing you too! I'm happy to hear the ultrasound went well. Do you have pictures to share of speedyblog/dot?
ReplyDeleteThat is such great news!!!
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about missing your partner - we have similar chores and empty fridge and tummy when she is absent!
Treat yourself to favorite take out and ice cream - you deserve it!
Well at least other than your loneliness and sandwich-deprivation, at least this is all great news! Hopefully Speedy won't be gone too much more over the next 9 or so months, or at least will leave you with the necessary provisions!
ReplyDeletethree cheers for the speedyblob!
ReplyDelete...and you already know what i wreck i am without sugar. i hear you on the chores, too.
I too am sorry you are lonely, But OMG that picture just made this incredibly real. The fact that the baby graduated, and the only reason she wants to see you again is because of your ovaries is great news! Im so truly happy for you, and I hope Speedy gets home soon.
ReplyDeleteThe good think about not graduating is that you'll get another view of SB soon! Once you graduate to the OB, you don't get to sneak a peak as often (or so I hear for singleton pregnancies).
ReplyDeleteHurray! And here's to Speedy getting back soon!
I am glad Speedy won't be gone too long. It would be the same way around here if one of us was gone.
ReplyDeleteI was just thinking of you today. I meant to recommend a book called Birthing from Within. I did a few of the projects in it when I was pregnant and it did help me appreciate the whole process even more.
As I recall, like most pregnancy related books it is about 1/3 unintentionally humorous, 1/3 very useful, and 1/3 just interesting.
That is a beautiful little Speedyblob! Congratulations, Mama!
ReplyDeleteWow, look at that speedyblob! What a great picture. Congrats!
ReplyDeleteYay Speedyblob! I'm getting jealous of all these scans you're getting! I have to wait another 2 weeks for mine.
ReplyDeleteI think Chris can relate on the food and loneliness front. I work out of town 3 days a week (2 nights). I think those days are waffle and cereal days for her.
Wait....with all those recipes you've posted, I thought you were the family chef?
Heh-- yes I am getting spoiled with the scans, but that'll come to an end soon when the RE boots me out.
ReplyDeleteOh yes, I AM the primary cook, for dinners, parties and events, but Speedy is in charge of procurement (in fact, only she belongs to the food co-op-- shh!) and breakfasts and lunches. It works out well that way. In fact I am up now-- almost midnight-- waiting for the lemon cheesecake to cool. I made it for my father's birthday... My parents are in town tomorrow. Distraction!
go speedyblob! I'm imagining a little SpongeBob lookalike.
ReplyDeleteWishing you FOOD and that those ovaries behave themselves xxxh
go speedyblob! I'm imagining a little SpongeBob lookalike.
ReplyDeleteWishing you FOOD and that those ovaries behave themselves xxxh
OMG, look at that baby!!! congrats!
ReplyDeleteHooray! That's one good-lookin' kid!
ReplyDeleteHaving just had Mama Jae gone for a week, I know how lonely it can be; more so when pregnant, for some reason. Take good care of you while she's gone!
Yeah, Speedyblob! I'm so excited for you!!!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great visit! I am betting the RE held on to you just for your peice of mind and frequent u/s. Precious pic.
ReplyDeleteShroe! You've got a baby in there! Indeed, the pictures make it much more real. Yay! I hope your Speedy makes it back to the nest soon.
ReplyDelete