There's something about this process that I didn't expect: There's this drumbeat of events, making the anticipation that is almost unavoidable: the coming in every other day and the constant update on your stats, your meds, your bloods. The countdown to insemination, the hurried mornings and charts and instructions sheets.
I am trying to keep this as low drama as possible, and yet everything in my week is structured around getting my injections, getting up in time to walk the dogs, eat, shower and get to the clinic, getting poked and probed, getting phone calls and scheduling next appointments. This is not conducive to my que-sera-sera attitude, dammit.
But so far, so good: two co-dominant follicles on right and one on left. "Enough to increase your chances," said the sweet lady doc, who I am hoping will do my inseminations. My 3rd day bloods were the same as before: FSH 9.7; estridiol 34.
I asked her if there was a way to game this to increase our chances of a girl, and she laughed and said, no, not in the clinic but there a place in Manhattan that will do the sperm sorting thing. But, she said, everyone she had gotten pregnant after they went through the whole sperm-sorting rigmarole ended up getting the opposite gender of what they were trying for. So, que sera sera and honestly, a boy would be great, too... just that Speedy's immediate family has 5 boys under the age of 12 and no girls, and my immediate family has nothing. Add to that my own concerns about raising a boy vs. a girl, and I just think it would be easier to have a girl. Not better. Easier. Anyway, not possible, so we get what we get (if we get.)
Alright, girl, three follicles is a great start! I'm following along closely. :)
ReplyDeleteYeah, it's so hard to go along normally with the chaos of ttc /RE appts! 3 follicles is great, congrats!
ReplyDeleteIt's alot to do, especially since this is your first go round. But, it goes by quickly and then...you just wait.
ReplyDeleteThree is a great number!
drama-free sounds good to me. Here's to keeping the entire process calm and relaxed!
ReplyDeleteyou know, we reeeeally wanted a girl. now we reeeeeally want another boy if/when we get #2! you just love what you get no matter what!
ReplyDeleteGo follies, go! Congrats on the rockstar response to the meds.
ReplyDeletesorry all the appointments are messing with your mornings...maybe it is just to get you ready for the hectic mornings of motherhood :]
ReplyDeletegood luck ladies!
you are right - it's hard to stay zen when you are on the TTC conveyor belt. Sounds like you are making good progress:) Keeping you in my thoughts!
ReplyDeleteOnce you're in a cycle your life is crazy but I think it helps keep the momentum going!! And yes, it makes it hard not to anticipate the results!!
ReplyDeleteAs for boy vs. girl I don't think the process leans one way over the other. I know a lot of people say that IUI = more boys (due to Shettles method, boy sperm swim faster, timing of ovulation) but between freezing, washing, and directly inseminating I think that blows their theory.