I have to admit that I never actually believed people when they claimed to feel ovulation. I mean, seriously. What is there to feel? A cell moving? But F0ll$tim has changed me, plumped my belly with bloat, and opened my mind to the reality of mittelschmerz. (If there's a good, chunky German word for it, you know it must be true.) And on Saturday afternoon, I experienced the mittelschmerz for myself for the first time. And, ow!
And this morning I tromped through the revolting, slushy remnants of yesterday's lovely snow to get ultrasound confirmation that in fact, there was ovulation that presumably accompanied it. So I had confirmation that everything was in the right place at the right time, and now there's nothing to do but wait. I guess the tww officially begins today, as they told me to come in two weeks for the blood test.
Instead of a two-week-wait, I have decided to call it a two-week reprieve.
That's great that your clinic offers an ultrasound after an IUI to confirm ovulation. I asked my clinic about an ultrasound multiple times because I suspected that I was inseminating too early. They never let me, even after multiple failed IUIs. I'm so glad to hear that your timing appears to be spot-on. Good luck with your first (and hopefully last) TWW. I hope that you're able to stay this mellow about it!
ReplyDeleteI never felt ovulation before until I started ttc. TTC changes everything about you and makes you more aware of what your body is doing. Good luck during the tww... hopefully a nice big fat positive awaits you!
ReplyDeleteThis whole cycle for you has come together quite nicey.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your optimism & support! I am trying to stay with the mellow as best I can!
ReplyDeleteYou are mellow, You are mellow, You are mellow. :)
ReplyDeleteGlad to see they did an ultrasound to confirm ovulation. They did that for me also and it was more encouraging to actually 'know' it happened. Cool you felt it this time.
I think we'll both find out the exact same day! I wish you luck!!!