Thursday, December 10, 2009

CD3: Begin the Beguine

Thanks for holding
We appreciate your time and patience
Please stay on the line and someone will be right with you


[on hold with the baby factory right now... this feels so familiar.]

Ah yes, so this morning we began the dance.

I was so jumpy about the early appointment this morning that I went to bed at 10. Then I awoke to that familiar tone, slapped the alarm clock, turned on the lights, and started to get dressed... until Speedy said, "What are you doing?! It's 11 o'clock!!" It took me a minute to reorient myself and see that my cell phone's message light was blinking. So that's why the alarm was so hard to turn off.

Anway, when the alarm DID go off, at 5:30, we managed to walk and feed the dogs, shower and get to the clinic by 7. Surpisingly, we didn't have to wait too long, and the dildocam doctor liked the looks of my ovaries and uterus. Then the tech took about a pint of blood divided into 47 tiny vials, and showed Speedy how to give the folis+im shot.

And I am a lucky girl again. Speedy rocked that injection! It was like buttah.. I didn't feel a thing. I fought the urge to lick her face in gratitude afterwards.

And so... here we go! They've called in my prescriptions and I am hoping that my insurance will cover them or this will be a very expensive month (next month at least I know Aetna will, even though I will have to pay $40 instead of $15 for every office visit.)

...and THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for all your words of encouragement and wisdom. I feel so lucky to have this little cyber community to lean on for support and information. It is really wonderful-- and now I don't feel the urge to talk my poor non-ttc freinds to death about this. Thank you!

Anyone have any side effects on Follis+im? Also, it's not "the pen"-- we have to draw it into a hypodermic and then shoot it into the muscle. Everything I've read about Follis+im says that you have to mix it. We are using two vials, but it's the same stuff. Have they reformulated it, or am I missing something?

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure Speedy wouldn't mind if you DID lick her in gratitude ;-)

    Ahem. What I MEANT to say was good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't have any side effects with the follustim, but I had the subcutaneous variety. I'm doing the progesterone in oil into my ass muscle every night, and the only side effect is a really sore butt. Hopefully your follicles will grow quickly and you won't need the shots for too long! So funny that you were ready to go at 11. I never sleep well the night before a big appointment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on you! You have begun indeed!
    The follistim I had ( pen) was not mixed so I can't be much help there. I would make sure that as well as the rocking women out here who know so much I would feel free and actually entitled talk to the clinic - remember you are paying them! or your insurance is. It sounds like everything is very promising. You might just be a one time mama!!!
    It sucks getting used to those early morning visits. I have to confess that as jaded as I am I am often recently late - I have noticed they just take you when you arrive and I was 30 minutes late for my HCG the other day ( although the traffic was bad) . I think this does not work if you have an RE consult though ( a word to the wise!!) But I am glad you are starting out by being prompt and on the ball. good luck. I had no Sx from follistim - but BCPs are the enemy!!! Good luck - I am rooting for you gals!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Troll Control. Your genuine thoughts are welcome. Please be patient if your comment doesn't appear immediately. I may be otherwise occupied.