Yesterday I snuck in my last cup of caffeinated tea, under the pretense that I was just lightly spotting and there was no definitive CD1 proof yet. Today it was double-bagging decaf chai (which was still sadly lacking any real flavor.) Speedy is now in quest of the best decaf tea in Brooklyn.
Speaking of Speedy, she is so good to me. She just called me from St*rbucks to inform that she was drinking decaf tea-- how's that for solidarity? If this works, we're going to have to buy one of those "empathy bellies" for her to wear every day.
BUT I am not getting sucked into the hope. I am approaching this as an interesting lab experiement. I wish I had one of those old school lab notebooks with the hard black covers and graph paper inside. I wish I truly felt this was as inconsequential as making a battery out of fruit.
Ugh. Giving up caffeine is miserable. What a sweet partner you have to abstain with you!
ReplyDeleteYour approach is a good.Although i wish we didn't have the short comings of frozen sperm to cause us to be so cautiously optimistic.
ReplyDeleteI'd love to dive in head first throwing all caution to the wind.
In a perfect world,eh.
Good for you Keely. Just know that someday you will be able to return to the world of the caffeinated. Someday.
ReplyDeleteI am so excited that you are starting!!! TTC is a crazy ride that is so rewarding in the end.
ReplyDeleteWord of advice regarding the injections... I assume you'll be using the pen which is SUPER easy and you can likely do it yourself. If the injection BURNS it means you are using too much alcohol to wipe your skin or prep the pen... I learned the hard way. (;
Oh dear. Good luck with the caffeine. It stinks quitting but I am convinced it helped me and 5 months after quitting I miss the smell and taste of a good espresso but not the caffeine highs and lows during the day and the urgent grumpy 'I need coffee' feeling every morning!
ReplyDeleteMeanwhile keep that optimism going. Yay for cycle number 1. It does work for many people straight up and hopefully you will be one of them. Keep us up to date during this cycle. Good luck with the injections, blood tests etc.
I'm with you on the caffeine wagon. Don't forget that decaf still has a little bit of caffeine - at least decaf coffee does! Have you tried rooibos tea? It's actually not a tea but a tisane. I drink it as my morning and evening cuppa and it's my absolute favorite. It's good with agave nectar too. Just remember you can acquire a taste for most thongs if you persevere. When I first drunk lattes this year I thought they were bland but now I love them. I think you should make your blog into your science notebook! Fx big time for you that you won't have to walk in the ole IF shoes and you get knocked up fast! So excited for you!
ReplyDelete