Just an short update because I have not yet sorted and downloaded pictures. Spain was fantastic. Barcelona-Sevilla-Granada. Speetus fluttering all the way. I have been CRAZY moody. Cried in Granada because of a lousy hotel room. Cried for an ENTIRE DAY when Speedy snapped at me during a crazy airport connection. I am not a crier in general, so this is notable.
Today was my anatomy scan. Speetus is a stubborn and wayward child already, refusing to get into position for the ultrsonographer. They were able to get some shots of the brain structures using the familiar old dildocam, but they were unable to get a clear shot of the corpus callosum, that bundle of nerves that connects the two hemispheres of the brain. The doctor did say she was pretty sure it was there and normal, but wanted me to come back next week, when Speetus will hopefully be more cooperative for better pictures.
Tomorrow I have a midwife appointment. I have just found out that Aetna resolved their issues with the hospital chain, so this will also give me more midwife options if I decide to keep looking. Right now I don't know what is best. More decisions.
I promise a better update when I get a little more rest and have my pictures sorted...I also have lots of blogs to catch up with, so please bear with me while I slowly get up to speed on your lives!
Welcome back! Can't wait to see the pix.
ReplyDeleteWelcome back. Hope you had an amazing trip.
ReplyDeleteWelcome back! Can't wait to hear more about it.
ReplyDeleteWelcome back Schroe! Looking forward to hearing more about your adventures. :)
ReplyDeleteGreat to see you back! Do you have pictures to share?
ReplyDeleteWelcome home! I missed your virtual face around our virtual world. I'm looking forward to your pics.
ReplyDeletewelcome home. it's good to have you back. i'm glad the vacation was fantabulous and that check-up went well.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a wonderful vacation! Hooray for flutterings. :) Hopefully Speetus will be more cooperative next time!
ReplyDeletePromise to post pics soon! I made a good start by actually downloading them last night. Speetus seems to be moving more quickly than me this week!
ReplyDeleteBTW, is it justified to look for a new practitioner when your current midwife leaves you alone for five minutes in the middle of an exam with a speculum in place (and open) while she goes to get some supplies? I am thinking this might not be a good fit, and I am STILL sore.