Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Thank you & Babymoon!

So much for your comforting words & support. Things have been rough. Speedy & I are under a lot of strain. I am not good at asking for help, and because I am not obviously incapacitated it is hard for people to see that I am just exhausted, living at the edge of my ability to function. So, I sucked it up. I spelled it out. We are in a better place. Thanks to you and thanks to my IRL friends who listened to me cry and moan, patiently telling me to let go of "should" and accept everything that is changing, to find a new center and a new peace with it.

Speedy and I are going on vacation. To Barcelona! The maybe Seville, Granada (a la Puffer's recommendation), maybe up north to San Sebastion. We don't know. We're winging it for a week after the four days we have booked in Barcelona. I cannot tell you how happy I am to be taking this break.

I will post pictures when I get back. Promise.

Thank you again. I will be checking for updates but probably not commenting too much, so forgive my quiet. I will come back recharged.

19 comments:

  1. Spontaneous vacation! I love it!! Sounds like the perfect anecdote for what ails you. Have an amazing time and can't wait to see the photos upon your return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome that you are going to Barcelona! I love love love Barcelona. (S. and I spent a year in Spain about 5 years ago.) I would head South through Vallencia and then make sure to hit Seville and Granada in Southern Spain. (Puffer is right, Granada MUST NOT BE MISSED. Make reservations for the Alhambra in advance or you won't get in!) Other places to consider as you move North from Granada are Cordoba, Toledo, and of course, Madrid.

    Have an amazing trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just what the doctor ordered - a nice vacation! Fantastic. :) The time off AND away should definitely help you find that new balance. Have a wonderful time. I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear things are getting better. Babymoon sounds like a brilliant idea - San Sebastian is beautiful. The seawater baths there are really good if you feel up for that. take care xxxh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Score 1 for you guys. It sounds perfect. I love choose-your-own adventure travel, where you dont know where you are going until the day of. Sounds amazing! Have a (restful) blast....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad that you're feeling so much better.

    I hope you have an awesome vacation. Enjoy every moment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. dang!!! all those places are amazing and you'll love them. enjoy and have a wonderful time, enjoying each other every minute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds like a wonderful vacation - enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That sounds like an awesome vacation. I hope you get the rest you need. Looking forward to seeing the pics when you get back.
    Also, I am glad to hear that you are starting to feel a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. See? Those better days are right around the corner! I'm jealous :) Have a wonderful trip and we look forward to your pictures. Baby's goin' to Espana!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh, how perfect. a spanish babymoon has got to be just what the doctor ordered!

    (can't wait to read about it and see the pictures)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds amazing. Have a wonderful time!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. have an excellent time. one of my all-time favorite places to visit. i love bilbao and the basque country - much closer to barcelona than seville/granada and WAY fewer tourists. can't wait to hear where you wind up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad to hear it! You deserve it for sure. Have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like just what you need, a fabulous trip - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your trip sounds like the perfect remedy. Have a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you’re enjoying – as this babymoon sounds like the best idea ever!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Enjoy your babymoon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I know you're probably still on vacation but I wanted to wish you a Happy Halfway! 20 weeks today! Yay!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Troll Control. Your genuine thoughts are welcome. Please be patient if your comment doesn't appear immediately. I may be otherwise occupied.