Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Scary shit

The level of Bovine Growth Hormone in the milk used for baby formula is causing human infants to grow breasts.
I have heard about this before, but not at this level.  I am an advocate of "what's best for you is best for baby" in terms of breast v. formula, but this would make me carefully look at the sourcing of the formula if I were formula feeding.* 

*So says the one who makes her own dog food because she's scared of commercial pet products.

6 comments:

  1. Well, Miles was formula fed from 6 months to a year and he does not have boobies and seems fine. Scary to consider, but I think it's more fear-mongering than anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, who knows what kind of formula they were using in China. Plus the fact that no one actually tested it it seems...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That IS terrifying. And I agree, it pays to be aware about the foods people (and pets!) are eating and at least make informed decisions (informed is not equal to what "common knowledge" says about a topic)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yikes, that was scary. i read an article a long time ago about how bgh is causing american girls to enter puberty earlier than ever before...really frightening stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How scary! First there's melamine in the milk, and now crazy hormones in the formula. Definitely not gonna buy any formula made in China if I ever need to formula feed.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Troll Control. Your genuine thoughts are welcome. Please be patient if your comment doesn't appear immediately. I may be otherwise occupied.