
So, first a quick update: Thank you for all the feedback last week. I am meeting my new (and hopefully last) midwife tomorrow. I went in for my level 2 scan, part 2, and all checked out fine. Speetus was in a completely different (but equally impossible) position and was stubbornly refusing to move, so it took longer than it should have, but in the end everything checked out fine. I have a stronger and stronger feeling that Speetus is a girl, as does my mother. (This is what she hopes, as she believes it would 'serve me right' to have a girl as wayward and headstrong as I was.)
But who's to say... we'll know for sure soon enough.
In other parental news, my father called me the other night-- an unheard of event-- to tell me that he traced the family history back to a Spanish princess, "so it would be appropriate for Speedy to curtsy to you." LOL! My father! Calling me! And mentioning Speedy! In a not-totally-because-he-couldn't-avoid-it manner! You could have knocked me over. Then he said he was hoping for a boy. Which is fine, because he used the word "hoping"-- or maybe it was "wouldn't mind a" but in any case, again, a not totally negative interaction with my father! Of his creation. I am slightly bowled over and trying not to get too hopeful about having a radically changed relationship with him. He could have been drunk or just lonely since my mother was off on a hiking trip for a few days. (She's 63 and doing multiple-night camping/hiking trips in the White Mountains. How cool is that?)
Finally, I promised pictures of Spain...*
* Also, I long ago promised a dog- and cat-food recipe. The guilt is eating me alive. I promise I will post! I will!!
P.S. Next up: Belly pics. Maybe even tomorrow!






Oh, Spain looks lovely. So jealous! I'm so glad your dad called you and seemed pleasant and pleased. My dad is about the same We talk, but not often, and only if I call. And he would never mention C without me somehow bringing her up. I always wonder if things with my dad will get better, but I've been out for 13 years and with C for almost 7 and it hasn't happened yet.
ReplyDeleteMy best friend's mom has always, always told her, "Someday you'll have a little girl JUST LIKE YOU." She hasn't yet, but maybe you will! Sounds fun. Belly shots soon, please!
Glad the scan went well! And Spain looks lovely, Princess Shroe :-)
ReplyDeleteLove the photos...made me miss our time in Spain. (We were there for 5 months a few years back.)
ReplyDeleteAnd really great to hear that your dad is surprising you in good ways! Babies are magic I tell ya!
Beautiful photos!!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you are all doing wonderfully :)
Wow about your dad. It always made me wonder what he was up to when my dad did something like that. I'm holding hope your dad is changing his tune.
ReplyDeleteLove the pics. Spain is so beautiful.
Hope your new MW is a rockstar!