Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Quicky

I have to get back on the blogging bandwagon. The trouble is, Speedy has been working/away all weekends and will continue to be, so our down time has become precious and inviolable. Nonetheless, I miss the blogosphere.

I got the results of my NT: 1/1,500, down from 1/92 in just age-related alone. The doctor pronounced this excellent. We are going to go ahead with the quad blood screen, too, but if that comes clear, we'll skip the diagnostics. All else is going perfectly. Thus far I have gained about 4 lbs. in total, and my BP is 80/50, so I feel good about all that.

In awesome news, Ex & I closed on our co-op yesterday, over a year after we first listed it. How do you spell relief? D-E-E-D T-R-A-N-S-F-E-R.

In scary news, Ex's partner with the IUGR baby is getting a c-section today; she's at 37 weeks, but the GA is only about 30 weeks, and the baby weights just under 3 lbs. Keep the whole family in your thoughts if you can. I will post an update as soon as I can.

5 comments:

  1. Great NT results!

    I'm sure the sale of the co-op is a relief for all involved. Thinking good thoughts for ex and partner's baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 lbs....ugh, that made my stomach drop. Sending many good thoughts to that little baby today.
    Excellent NT results! Palpable relief, isn't it? :)
    No diagnostics for me either. I'm still going to do the level II ultrasound at 18 weeks though (and bloodwork). Just to see the high definition pics if not anyting else!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news on the NT results! I'm curious about skipping diagnostics...I want to too, as long as my first look bloodwork comes back ok, but I'm not sure I've completely convinced myself it is the right thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ruby :). My attitude shifted when I started doing the math; diagnostics like amnio and cvs carry independent risks of miscarriage-- small, but real-- so I decided that if that tiny risk outweighed the risk of having something seriously wrong and not havaing caught it on the NT scan AND the quad scan (which is at this point vanishingly small) then I would rather skip the diagnostics. My OB also thought the results were great and in no way indicated a need for further testing, though she agreed to to do the quad screen because we wanted a litttle more reassurance. (NTs are about 85% sensitive; quad screens are about 98%-- which means if you fall well outside the "positive range" you have virtually nothing to worry about, from what I understood.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news on the NT and the house - hooray!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Troll Control. Your genuine thoughts are welcome. Please be patient if your comment doesn't appear immediately. I may be otherwise occupied.