
16 weeks. That blobular part on the upper left is a smushed up face, and the longish hazy blob to the right is an arm. In the original you can see little fingers, but this was taken with my cell phone-- sorry. Duuuuude. I think I am totally pregnant!
All seems to be going well. I had my blood drawn for the sequential screen and for mercury levels (because I am still worried about that tile fish and...well, why not?) After the results come back I will request my records and transfer to the midwife I met yesterday-- not without some mixed feelings because I do like my OB (and, without prompting, she told us this a.m. exactly why Macro.bid is the drug of choice for UTIs in pregnant ladies) but I do think a midwife will suit my temperament better, and, ultimatley, will be a better person for me to have in the room when I deliver, which is what ultimately matters I guess.
I have managed to score a used Snoogle for free in addition to more maternity clothes than I have in my regular wardrobe for a mere pittance. LOVE me some neighborhood moms' groups classifieds!
Hi, baby! Although they all kind of look like aliens right now.. ;-)
ReplyDeleteAh, the snoogle. Or as I liked to call it, the bitch who stole my wife.
Yay! I'm so happy everything went well today. And you're definitely pregnant.
ReplyDeleteInterested to hear how the midwife appt goes.
Today's Blue Sky muffin: peach blueberry cream cheese. Right out of the oven. YUM.
Strawberry-- I remember your photo post of Nutella in the Snoogle! That is probably what first put it in my head I should get one. I hope I like it as much as she did, but I am a little worried about the size-- we just got rid of our futon, so if there's only room for me & the Snoogle, Speedy'll be sleeping on the couch.
ReplyDeleteR-- that sounds fantastic.... I wish I were there and not in cubicle land right now... Hope you are eating one for me. Let me know how things go with you!
Hi, little baby! Oooh, little fingers. You must have swooned. :)
ReplyDeleteI like the idea of the snoogle, but wonder how (at my house at least) one might fit in a queen sized bed with two people and two cats. Let us know how it works out!
Hi baby is right! Very cool. What an exciting day.
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness! look at that baby! how sweet! :D
ReplyDeleteYay baby! Are you finding out the sex or having it be a surprise?
ReplyDeleteGC-- Ooh, I forgot to mention that: Speedy & I have decided not to find out the sex, primarily because ONE of us (coughSPEEDYcough) can't keep a secret and neither of us wants to be inundated with pink or blue stuff from misguided friends. We have tentatively picked a boy name and a girl name (but no middle names yet), and our hand-me-down crib sheets and nursery decorations are a nice gender-neutral green :)
ReplyDeleteYup. Totally pregnant.
ReplyDeleteWhat's a snoogle? I can't wait to go look that up. But I had to comment first to say welcome back! And I'm glad you're happy with your choice to go to midwife - I'm looking forward to hearing how that goes.
Wow, 16 weeks already? I feel like I always say that, but time does seem to fly. Yep, you are totally pregnant! :)
ReplyDeleteThat is so cool! How often in life do you get such surprises? I kind of wish we'd waited as well, but I know myself - I never would have lasted.
ReplyDeleteWell hello baby! Lookin good!
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful little Speetus. (Did I spell that right?) Hello, little baby.
ReplyDeleteI'm actually glad to hear we're not the only ones not planning to find out the sex, if we get pregnant. (I'm not allowed to bring it up; Tam wants the surprise!) It seems like lately everyone's been finding out.
hi there little one! enjoy the snoogle...*now wishing i had one*
ReplyDeleteYay baby!! How did you manage to get another scan?! I'm very jealous. :) Our next isn't until July 12th.
ReplyDeleteYou ARE pregnant. Utterly, completely, no doubt about it - pregnant!
Good score on the snoogle. Chris got me one of those recently also. Very comfy (but very large). Just squeeze Speedy in. It'll be cozy.
BTW, we're going the same route regarding gender (if I can resist the temptation to know, of course). Nuetral colors are our friends.
Like, totally pregnant. That's amazing.
ReplyDeleteIt amazes me, even when strangers who live gazillions of miles away from me do it. I think if i ever get pregnant, my head might just spin away!
M :)
Wow is right – 16 weeks! Loving the picture. I too will be looking up this Snoogle. Glad to hear everything is going well!
ReplyDeleteLoving the picture. I just cannot fathom how people wait to find out the gender-- I am not that type of girl.;) everything sounds great with your little on though. So happy.
ReplyDeleteThat is one good lookin' kid!
ReplyDeleteMAJOR score on the pillow--I don't know what I would've done without mine. It makes a world of difference.