Ex's baby, Samantha, made her debut late last night after mom got bumped by countless more emergent c-sections. Samantha is 3 lbs., 4 ounces but breathing on her own. She has a headful of shaggy hair and is seemingly doing well. Of course, I will be giving them all the support I can muster, especially as little Sam Sam (as they call her) will be in the NICU until she's gained some weight and can regulate her own body temperature. BIG sigh of relief for this tiny little girl.
Whew! Going to try to get back in the blogging mode. Speedy is going to Boston for the weekend to visit her long-time friend who was recently diagnosed with a bad form of lymphoma. I will be trying to keep our little household going in her absence. Given my current stae of acute exhaustion (isn't that supposed be get better at this point?) I expect there will be a fair amount of couch & blogging time.
Good to hear that she's ok and breathing on her own. Big sigh. And congrats on closing on your co-op. Here's to a relaxing few days for you!
ReplyDeleteGood to hear the babe is okay so far. Not sure about the name though... (hope that doesn't offend!)
ReplyDeletetbean-- ha! I know... what is worse is that the initials spell out STD. Oh-- well, they did throw a "second" middle name in to deflect attention from that, but I am not convinced that it will avoid the inevitable teasing.
ReplyDeleteholy health stress! i'm glad to hear the baby is doing ok. STD? OY!
ReplyDeletego Sam Sam! i must say, Sam is one of the best girl nicknames ever. i have a hard time not calling the Samantha who is my student Sam, just because she's cool and I want her to use the cool name!
ReplyDeleteYay for baby Sam! Shame about those initials, though :)
ReplyDeleteGlad the little one is doing okay.
ReplyDeleteaw, thats great news!
ReplyDeletetoo bad about about the initials though! ;-)
Wonderful news. So glad to hear she is doing well.
ReplyDeleteCongrats to Ex and her partner! I'm glad the little one is doing well. Hopefully she'll grow big and strong, which she'll need with the initials STD.
ReplyDeleteAnd congratulations to both of you on the deed transfer. Oh, and good vibes to Speedy's friend.
So glad to hear the baby is doing well. Poor girl with those initials though! hehe
ReplyDeleteBe sure to keep us posted.