What happened? Saturday I was GREAT. Went to the farmer's market (photo proof below), picked up some errandy things, cleaned a little, went to the gym-- where it was a royal pain to stay below the dr.-prescribed 140 bpms, because I just wanted to GO, walked dogs, cleaned some more... and THEN went to visit Ex & co again at the hospital. Everyone was doing great, save for a breast-pump injury sustained by Ex's partner (let's call her E-PA). I was feeling FINE. And then. And then... Taking the train from freaking Washington Heights to Park Slope on a Staurday night? Bad. As in, two hours of misery. By the time I got myself home, I was drunk with hunger and exhaustion. I ordered a small thin-crust pizza and ate the whole damn thing. (That's right. And I am not sorry.)
Then I fell into bed without even doing the whole bedtime ritual, which involves sanck time for animals, turning off the crockpot of dogfood, mixing in their vitamins, moving the dog-free-zone gate to the top of the stairs...etc.
But the next day? Woke up with burning dog food smell filling the apartment and it was downhill from there. Between the heat and the lingering pizza hangover, I felt like lethargy had just stomped up to me and bitch-slapped me into submission. I don't do well with just sitting (or lying) down, so instead I just move REALLY slowly. Like taking twenty minutes to make my toast, then another half hour to clean up after myself. I met a friend for brunch. Speedy came home. I think that's about all I did. That was Sunday.
Today was no better. I had a pre-work appointment with my dermatologist. First, I handed the receptionist my dental insurance card without even realizing until she called me back. Then I botched the paperwork so badly I had to ask for new forms. Then I nearly fell asleep on the little bed while I was waiting for my spider veins to get zapped away (Don't smirk. I'm all kinds of feeling my age today.) Then I had to go to work. Which is. Still. Happening. (Someone help me.)
Oh please let me just go home and find Speedy has taken mercy on me and walked the dogs and made a big cold salad for dinner. Please, please...
I'm not the only one then with this exhaustion! The bus hit me too! I thought I would magically feel energized in the 2nd trimester. Oh no - not so! I had the same kind of weekend. Busy house prep is in motion for our house-warming party coming up. I swear I thought I would just fall down a number of times!
ReplyDeletePoor you with that burning dog food smell! But really, the question is why do you have a crock pot of dog food?
...and could you explain how Ex's partner sustained a breast pump injury?! :-)
ReplyDeleteHope you are getting some rest!
Yikes! Hope the fatigue doesn't hang around too long.
ReplyDeletelove the farmers market.
ReplyDeletewow!! sounds like you really passed out!! i hope that you had good dreams though!
well - you just reminded me to put our bins out, so thanks!
ReplyDeleteGod, I remember that tiredness truck. bam. Maybe check that you're not anemic (pretty rare in early pregnancy though). Otherwise, there is no shame in going to bed at 8pm, and napping in your office if you can. xx
Brandy... Ah, have I not shared the full extent of Speedy's & mu insanity with the blogworld? Not only do we have four dogs (totalling more than 300 lbs.) and four cats, but we home cook all their food. Because yeah. We're just like that.
ReplyDeleteWow, you all kinds of impress me with the dog food cooking. I know we looked into it at one point but just couldn’t work it all out. However, I hope the smell has dissipated.
ReplyDeleteSalad fixings look incredible – enjoy and rest up lady.
Sarah- While I didn't ask for too much detail, from what I understand, E-PA initially positioned the pump incorrectly, resulting in what she described as a "very painful third nipple." Even the lactation consultant was visibly appalled.
ReplyDeleteI hope you had that nice cold salad waiting for you. :) I think that V started hitting a wall right around this time, too.
ReplyDeleteThe burnt food smell doesn’t sound very pleasant. Has it at least dissipated?
Great news about little Sam – glad all is well!
Now get some rest, girl! :)
Nice farmer's market booty! Hope you got your salad :) I guess Speetus was making you pay for overexerting yourself? Hopefully it's just a resurgence of 1st trimester fatigue and you'll have more energized days ahead.
ReplyDeleteI'm exhausted hearing about it! I'd actually love to hear about your homemade dog food. I keep thinking about doing it and I think I could invest the time, but not sure what to do. Our poor girl has some health issues and I don't want to screw anything up for her :-(
ReplyDeleteuh huh. feel ya.
ReplyDeleteIf you have recovered, it would be great to see you!
ReplyDelete