How far along?: 16 weeks. But I have to say the "how far along" question always puts my hackles up, ever so slightly. What is it about that phrase that smacks of euphemism and Victorian delicacy?
Weight?: +3 pounds from my first OB visit-- great job! But the down side is that is +11 from my pre-ttc weight :( I am going to the gym regularly and not eating too badly, but I will have my work cut out for me at the end of this pregnancy to get back to my pre-ttc fitness level.
Maternity clothes?: Some-- primarily because of my new voluptuousness. Some of my usual tops are verging on inappropriate for work. I have one pair of "maternity pants" that really do not look at all like maternity pants (more like skinny jeans) and a dwindling selection of regular pants to choose from.
Stretch marks?: Not yet. Got some wonderful belly balm from Soapwalla that Speedy rubs on faithfully every night, while whispering sweet nothings to Speetus.
Sleep?: Not great. Up 2-3 times a night to pee and waking to find myself constantly on my back, which is weird because I never used to sleep on my back. Getting a free Snoogle tonight, so I hope that helps!
Best moment this week?: Wednesday, a surprise scan and our first glimpse of Speetus's face.
Movement?: Not yet.
Food cravings?: Anchovies, red pepper, olives, pickles...salty, strong flavors.
What I miss?: Red wine. Le sigh.
What I'm looking forward to?: The anatomy scan. Nope, not finding out the gender.
Thanks for the link! And I'm glad you're enjoying the oil.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the snoogle! I hope it helps. Ha, pickles, isn't that the quintessential pregnancy craving? Good for you for not finding out the gender. We don't want to find out, either-- in part to avoid oceans of pink or blue. :)
ReplyDeleteYay for the big scan coming up - we had ours yesterday! And double YAY for not finding out - we aren't either. I have to think waiting until birth is one of the last great surprises left in life! Hope you are enjoying the bliss of the second tri!
ReplyDeleteThe pickle craving is hilarious, and I love that you all are waiting to find out the sex. Good luck for the big scan coming up!
ReplyDeleteYay salty items! And weight (haha sorry ) to go on the limited weight gain. I'm impressed!
ReplyDeleteLove this! I'm almost exactly where you are with weight gain: +3 from Day 0 of the pregnancy, but +13 since we started trying. However, my midwife reassures me that the weight will start pouring on in the next few months...
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the scan!
You have much more resolve than me (re: gender). I couldn't do it.
ReplyDeleteSo is the snoogle thing all it's cracked up to be? I'm thinking of getting one for V.
Oh, also I answered your questions from a few days ago in the comments of my blog (I never know where to answer questions! The next post? My comments? The asker's comments?). Anyway, the chemicals that are so bad (and that I'm hoping she's finished working with): formaldehyde and isoflurane.
Curious... are those foods you enjoyed before you were pregnant too? I'm intrigued by the whole cravings thing.
ReplyDeleteAdventures-- I always have the same dilemma. Guess in the follow-up comments works (most of the time.) Sometimes I forget and then I feel like a jerk :(
ReplyDeleteAnyway from what I read limited contact with isoflurane and formaldehyde doesn't sound THAT awful. Still, I am glad she will be stopping that part of her work soon!
I am still anxiously awaiting the results of my mercury test. The ONE time in my life I actually encounter (and eat) tile fish...and it's a big no-no. Ugh.
Re: The Snoogle. I like it-- I don't think it's AMAZING or anything, but I am early on and my biggest issue is wanting to stop rolling around so much, as I inevitably land on my belly or back. It helps with that. The production value, though, is really low. The pillow is cheap and the cover-- well, I am trying to find a new one that is not so dominantly polyester. Call me a princess if you want.
I agree that the pickle craving is somewhat hilarious. I almost put in ice cream too, because it's true. But then I thought it was just TOO much of a cliche. Pom, I do like salt, strong, spicy things in my unpregnant life, but never before have I eaten a whole (32 oz.) jar of pickles or a whole jar of anchovies in one sitting. Yes, I did-- more than once. And never before have I ordered (and eaten) a pizza with anchovies, olives, garlic, jalapenos and mushrooms. But believe me, it was good! I don't know how much of this con be attributed to cravings per se, though, and how much is just ceasing to give sh*t what anyone else thinks of what I am eating. Whatever it is, I think I am enjoying food more than ever.
You have some interesting cravings lady!
ReplyDeleteI love it all! No stretch marks, awesome. Not finding out the gender - also awesome. Little Speetus must be happy and cozy in there. Go, baby, go.
ReplyDeleteI just can't believe you are 16 weeks already! So so happy for you!
ReplyDelete