Tuesday, February 2, 2010

WTF???

52?
That's what the nurse called to tell me, 5 minutes after I started my "CD3" entry. My Beta is 52. I'm bleeding like I have my period, so I'm going with the assumption that this is a "chemical pregnancy" but I am going in on Thursday to get another beta. 52 at 17dpo. Thoughts? Anyone? I mean, aside from "WTF?!" Because I already had that one, about 800 times in the last four minutes.

UPDATE: Well, it's great while it lasts... that's the attitude I'm taking. I think Thursday's beta will be lower. I continue to bleed heavily. Nothing about this screams, "HOORAY! BFP!!!" to me. That's okay though. Because now we know we CAN do it.

24 comments:

  1. Wow. It's really hard to tell at this point. I had a lot of bleeding on the day I got my positive beta, so you never know. I'll be anxiously awaiting word on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! That is some news! It's not uncommon to be pregnant and still have a "period" though. Maybe an early-maybe-congrats is in order?!? I'm sure thursday couldn't come soon enough! We'll be waiting here in blogland also...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa. Craziness. I'm sorry your body is giving you such mixed signals. My hopes are so high for you Shroe, I will be thinking of you all day on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow. Whoa. Sven. We have a lot to talk about when you cone over. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, confusing is right! My friend's mom had her "period" for 3 months while she was pregnant with her son. The doctor wouldn't even give her a pregnancy test! (this was back in the '70's). But all proceeded well and normally from then on. Fingers crossed till Thursday for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. See..... i told you!

    Gayby has forever changed my views on what denotes a pregnancy or not.Betas are the fat lady from now on.

    I hope this grows into what you've been hoping for:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. Um, not sure what to think or say about that. I guess Thursday will be more telling. Fingers crossed for answers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! Keep us posted. I'm waiting with baited breath.

    ReplyDelete
  9. According to betabase.info and babymed.com, @ 17 dpo, a beta of 52 is right around the lower spec limit for a viable pregnancy. It should be interesting to see if it doubles on not.

    My wife bled through most of the first trimester.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, what a twist! I don't know what to tell you...all you can do is wait and see, but I really do hope that little bean sticks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dude, you're pregnant. Congratu-fucking-lations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whoa! That is in the normal range for a pregnancy at this point in your cycle, isn't it? Wow, rooting for you...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whoa, confusing indeed! I hope this is a good thing - I've got my fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmmm... that is confusing! But I'm silently excited for you. Despite you being confused... maybe this is the start of something wonderful?

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a great way to get pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Holy crap! Fingers crossed for you! But you are right - now you know it can happen. Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Whoa. That is some seriously confusing data you have there. It seems that a Shroedinger actually CAN be both pg and not at the same time!! Sorry I could not resist. I will keep everything crossed that your next beta more than doubles and that this is not a period. Hoping hoping hoping...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow..Drama...I guess you're pregnant until proven otherwise. Congrats! Its probably pretty scary, but try to hang in there and hopefully you will get some positive news on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Uh huh - I was kind a wondering myself.... But I seriously hope that this is not a chemical or a period but a bloody start to a really great pregnancy. FX that you get to find out what is really going on soon.
    Please take care:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aiiieee! Updates soon please! Who even knows with bleeding? Very strange indeed...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well that’s not what you expect from CD3 bloodwork, is it? Well, I don’t know if you’re catching the beta as it rises or falls, but either way, I think it’s great news. You CAN make a baby and at least have it start to implant. That’s way farther than we’ve ever gotten. So yay for that. :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gah! I am having trouble waiting til Thursday for your update. Thinking about you...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thinking of you and hoping you get some much needed answers on Thursday! Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Troll Control. Your genuine thoughts are welcome. Please be patient if your comment doesn't appear immediately. I may be otherwise occupied.