Friday, February 26, 2010

Long time no blog

I'm still here, nothing new to report. Since the Very Bad Week, I have been stewing in guilt about the lack of blogging and deep commenting on my part, but within that guilty broth, I have not been able to find the faintest flavor of inspiration.

I really don't have a lot to say. I am swamped at work thanks to my new responsibilities, and there is no sign of AF and the beginning of the next cycle. My RE wrote a letter to Aetna in support of my appeal, but I have not even found it within myself to call Aetna and follow up. I just don't have the heart to listen to another self-righteous bureaucrat tell me that I have to have medical proof of contact with sperm in order to qualify for fertility coverage.

My dear wonderful friend who had a m/c in June just got the news at 8 weeks that she is miscarrying again. This chills me. I want the one m/c to be a free pass to quick success, and I know it guarantees nothing.

On the bright side, the snow in NYC today was fantastic and I got another snow day, even though I had to work from home lest I fall even further behind. But I did get in two good hour+ walks with the dogs who are now blissfully passed out in their various spots on the floor, dreaming of running through 3-foot drifts.

Oh that flat bread recipe? It makes pita, too. Freeze it right after you divide it into eight balls, then when you want it, thaw , roll out, and bake in the oven to make perfect pita (500 degrees, 6-7 minutes). I don't know if this would work without freezing, but I have been eating a lot of fresh pita on demand lately.

I'm really sorry. That's all I got. I can't even find my funny. Thank goodness Speedy has been tolerant of my general mopiness.

13 comments:

  1. *hugs*

    I was gonna write more, but I deleted it because there's really there's not much to say. I was wondering about you today, but I totally understand the need to step back. I think I'm doing so myself a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love and hugs and understanding. I wish I could fix it. I wish I could make you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear from you- you've been in my thoughts. Feel free to be as mopey as you need to be here in this space. We're all here to listen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taking some time away from the internets is totally understandable. We'll be here when you are ready to write more. ((()))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't feel guilty about the blogging/commenting thing. We have definitely all been there. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see you back on - I understand all about the mopey. You'll find your funny again though :). In the meantime, enjoy those snow days and as much pita as you can handle. We're rootin' for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey. Hang in there. This journey has its ups and downs, and you'll get your hope back. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's second miscarriage. It's hard to imagine carrying hope around that long and then having it kick you in the face. Really hard. I hope she's hanging in there too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear you're in a bit of a funk, and I am so sorry to hear about your friend. That is just so unfair and disheartening. I'm keeping her, and you, in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Funks often beget unfunks:)
    been. there. done. that. got. the.t-shirt.
    Hope you surface at some point soon with vim and vigor. Dogs are happy which is good. How long without a period? Maybe talk to doc? Get some prometrium to move things along?
    Love you even when you're in the dumps. Hoping for better days:)
    real sentences elude me. Dot dot dash etc. I want to make that flatbread so bad- really eat it and not make it but there you are.sorry about your friend's miscarriages - so not fair.
    Peace:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad to hear from you, mopey or not. We're all just here to listen. Hope today is a little better. XOXOX.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear you've been having a low few weeks. There must be something crazy happening with the moons at the moment as 2010 seems to be really tough for so many of us....I really hope things look up for you and your friend.

    Was thinking of you yesterday as I was at the market drooling over ripe eggplants again! Will try your baba ganoush this time round.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Schro, I've been thinking about you and wondering how things were. Just b/c the last cycle ended in m/c doesn't mean that the next one will.

    I totally get staying away from blogs. I can't tell you how often I just had to shut it down and forget about it.

    I'm glad your RE wrote to Aetna. Sometimes they just need a kick in the pants to come around. I'll keep my fingers crossed, just in case.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Troll Control. Your genuine thoughts are welcome. Please be patient if your comment doesn't appear immediately. I may be otherwise occupied.