Thursday, October 16, 2008

Unstapled

Got the staples out this a.m. No doctor's report "until the final pathology comes in" said the nurse, more ominously than I had anticipated. Pathology? Doesn't that mean disease? I assume she used it as a catch-all to refer to any abnormality. I have adjusted to the idea I have an abnormality; a disease? That would take another few meltdowns to process.
I had a fantastic only-in-New-York moment this afternoon, my first afternoon back on dog-walking duty. I was walking down the idyllic park path strewn with golden ginko leaves when I came upon a young man photographing a stunningly gorgeous woman against the backdrop of the park.
As I was trying to pass discreetly, the man turned to me and asked if he could use the dogs in the shoot. As a brief aside, one of my dogs is a bit psycho and has to wear a muzzle. The other is generally as sweet as sweet potato pie. So I told him he could use Ozzie, and gave the woman a couple of treats to entice Ozzie over to her.
He said, "I had in mind someting a bit more dramatic, do you mind?"
I shrugged. "As long as you don't freak the dog out."
I gave her Ozzie's leash and then turned to walk out of the shot. There was a sudden scuffle behind me.
When I turned back, she was stark naked except for her 5-inch stilettos and hanging onto Ozzie's leash for dear life as Ozzie frantically ran at me, apparently thinking I was trying to give her away to a strange naked lady.

1 comment:

  1. That is perfect! I'm LOL (for real).

    Sigh, stories like this make me miss NYC.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Troll Control. Your genuine thoughts are welcome. Please be patient if your comment doesn't appear immediately. I may be otherwise occupied.