Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Attitude Adjustment

I think Monday was the universe's very strong sign for me to get it together. Life is NOT THAT BAD. All my problems are inherently privileged problems. I have enough time/energy/money to worry about my friend's dog's health. I have enough time/energy/money to worry about the cost of an architect, for godssake! I got poo on my finger. Boohoo.

No more whining!

Last night was gf's crazy-late-at-work night so I made her acorn squash with brown sugar & butter, stir-fried tofu and bok choy with ginger and plenty of garlic, and salad with my homemade dressing that she loves. We drank Brooklyn lagers, tried not to get excited about possibly having a leader we could be proud of after this election, babbled at each other on the couch as is our wont after long days, and went to bed early.

I LOVE this living together. This morning (her day off) she made me lunch to take to work, and as I was leaving I said, "Ok, I'll be home at about 6."

*Sigh* As Nutella said (thank you!) I am so very lucky to have the most wonderful, supportive, kind, caring and loving gf-- the very thought of her still knocks me off my feet. I am also super blessed to have the Best Ex In The World.

I am starting this day in gratitude for those things and the many other wonderful things in my life.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm, squash. I need to do something with the lovely butternut squash I got at the farmer's market this weekend. I'm thinking I might cube it and roast it with a balsamic glaze.

    Glad my comment helped a bit, but you know, I think you were totally justified to feel bad about your day. Poo happens, but we don't have to be happy about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm. Butternut squash is my favorite! That sounds lovely.
    If I had more time I'd start a cooking blog.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Troll Control. Your genuine thoughts are welcome. Please be patient if your comment doesn't appear immediately. I may be otherwise occupied.