Thursday, October 9, 2008

Surgery tomorrow

If I could get out of my roommate-hatin' head for a minute I would be posting more.
There is more to life than stewing in the toxic brew of roommate hatred and betrayal. It just has a way of making everything else seem distant and small.
But...
Tomorrow is my surgery, which they just called to schedule. There is something very 007 about the way this place operates- ha, unintentional pun! They don't make appointments in advance. Instead, the day before, they call and say, "Do you have a pen? I am going to give you your instructions. " Then they launch into this elaborate plan of room numbers and times and who should bring what where and when and prescriptions and transportation-- I really do feel like I am making a drug drop or something. I'm just dropping my septum.
General anesthesia makes me a little nervous but really on the scheme of things I am more worried about the newly formed pimple on my cheek.
In other news, gf and I met with the designer who is guiding us through the process of making her-- soon-to-be our apartment into a home with, like, really nice furniture and cool sinks in the kitchen and bathroom and paint that complements the feel and styles of the rooms... as opposed to the dorm-room found-it-on-the-sidewalk, hey-let's-paint-it-yellow-yellow's-nice-right? aesthetic we currently have going on.
And we are excited! First of all, handling all those little hunky glass tile samples and pieces of wood and stainless steel and graphite gray counter material (made of recycled...uh, other counters, I guess) and looking through design magazines, pointing to whole rooms and saying, "that one! we want to live there!" we just get giddy with it. Especially because gf and I suffer from a similar gross incompetence when it comes to having an aesthetic vision, or, even worse, attempting to realize such a vision. We could spend gobs of money and still end up with a place that looks like it was cobbled together from hand-me-downs and stoop sale finds. It just feels like we hired an apartment fairy god mother who shows up with bags of goodies and promises to make it all better.
It makes me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Troll Control. Your genuine thoughts are welcome. Please be patient if your comment doesn't appear immediately. I may be otherwise occupied.