Friday, September 19, 2008

Stopped cold




My uteri are still sore and cramping from Dr. Fumblepants's blind bumblings....
I think the reality of the uteri is sinking in. While everything I have read and all the info gf has been sending me says that the double uterus thing is NBD-- no big deal-- it all assumes that the person in question is straight and happens to have an active sperm factory at her disposal. The upshot is that [the hypothetical, straight, sperm-drenched] women with double-uteri may miscarry a few times, but usually it does not preclude a happy and healthy pregnancy from ultimately happening...
But the thing is, if the no-hypothetical, queer and ornery you is doing IUIs every month and buying sperm by the microliter, then miscarrying a few times becomes even more of an emotional-- not to mention financial-- burden on all involved...
Gf has already offered up her uterus to hatch my eggs if my uteri prove unfit for habitation, but jeez-- things just got complicated! This would kick us up immediately to IVF-land, where I swore I never wanted to be. I never wanted to worry about beta numbers! Plus the near-inevitability of multiples...! The expense and emotional investment have just gone up exponentially.
I stopped taking pre-nats until I talk to the doc. Trying not to freak out.
Minimal success.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Troll Control. Your genuine thoughts are welcome. Please be patient if your comment doesn't appear immediately. I may be otherwise occupied.