Saturday, September 27, 2008

Karmawreck

You ever have those oh-wow moments when you realize that the person you thought you knew is not actually anything like you imagined them to be, or when it becomes painfully clear that despite shared circumstances/experiences/living quarters your value systems are light years apart?

This is one of those moments for me.

Bottom line: Because of some extremely solipsistic and selfish behavior from my soon-to-be-former karmawreck roommate and my own naivety, I am out about $5K at a time when each month has been a struggle.

I have no one but myself to blame, but I am thrashing mad.* But thanks to my [redacted] soon-to-former roommate, I have my take home lesson of the year: Beware anyone obsessed with social status and "people with privilege" who is blind to the ample privilege they themselves possess. They can use their fatally challenged vision of reality and misappropriated social justice ideology to justify virtually anything that normal people would simply call sociopathically selfish.

Lesson learned.

Above: the karmawreck herself.

* When I expressed this, she said she was "sorry [I] felt that way." To which I say, "Look, byatch, you're sorry or you're not. Take a freakin' stand and don't apologize to me for MY reaction. Admit you're wrong or stand your [selfish, mean-spirited, karma-wrecking] ground."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Troll Control. Your genuine thoughts are welcome. Please be patient if your comment doesn't appear immediately. I may be otherwise occupied.