Saturday, August 29, 2009

१० Things About Me

Thanks Gayby Rabies for the tag.
I am going to tag
Adventures in Baby Making, because I adorer their special brand of geekiness (in the best way possible) and jockiness;
The Amily Diaries for when they need something else to do when caring for a 1-month-old is not challenging enough;
Sesame-Seed-Sized Dreams because I am following the adventures of Haloumi; and Our Fuzzy Family because they actually have more dogs than I do!
I'd tag a lot more but I got tired of the html nonsense.
For some reason I can't upload the "Honest Scrap" jpeg, so I apologize for the no-frills version.

So, let this list also serve as instruction-by-example for the newly tagged....

10 honest things about me:

1) I claim to be agnostic in certain social situations out of a pathological need to seem open-minded, but in truth I am an unrepentant atheist.
2) I am deeply competitive, especially when in comes to Scrabble.
3) Not very long ago I quit a revolting habit that I was so deeply closeted about I still will not name it.
4) Every weekend I promise myself I will sleep in and walk the dogs an hour or so later than usual, but except for a few instances when I was out of town or stricken by an acute ailment, I have not slept in for the seven years I have owned my dogs.
5) I secretly hope the above gives me an "A.P." status for motherhood.
6) I honestly, honestly feel like my life is just beginning, but I wake in a panic because I'm pushing 40.
7) I have been a vegetarian for 25 years, but have never been able to completely give up fish.
8) I walked away from a Ph.D. (which I still regret) and I have 2 Master's degrees and a god-awful amount of student debt and it makes me afraid to look beyond my very decent job that is actually related to my degrees. But what I really want to do I probably could have done with a high school diploma.
9) I am still not sure exactly what that is, but it definitely involves monkeys.
10) Right now I have five different kinds of mustard in the fridge, and that is because Speedy made me throw away half of my collection.

5 comments:

  1. Love your list!

    I've got four kinds of mustard though I don't dip into the Russian variety too often.

    Would love to challenge you to a game of Scrabble!

    Atheists of the world - unite! It's high time we come out of the closet. So glad to see all the attention we've been getting lately.

    Still trying to guess what your number 3 habit was... hmm, nail-biting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you visited the mustard museum in Mount Horeb, Wi? fun! I vote smoking on No. 3.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the list! While I usually own my atheist-ness outright, I relate to what you describe in 1. I do that with other things.

    I'm incredibly competitive with board games too!

    You've definitely piqued my interest around #3.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm feeling a strong connection among us out there with the mustard/atheist thing. Queerness, mustard, animals, atheism, the list could go on....

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Troll Control. Your genuine thoughts are welcome. Please be patient if your comment doesn't appear immediately. I may be otherwise occupied.